How to include blog specific data with Custompress

I would like to have several types of data that are unique to each multisite, and that can be accessed by other plugins.

For example: If my multisite focuses on dentists. Each dentist should be able to provide their location data and hours of operation. This data would not fit as a custom post type, since there is only one instance of it.

I would like to create a configuration page similar to the Wordpress settings page in the admin area, where a user can enter one time data such as their location, hours of operation, social media links, etc. Can I do this with CustomPress?

• aecnu

Greetings ghmaster,

Thank you for the great question I would like to create a configuration page similar to the Wordpress settings page in the admin area, where a user can enter one time data such as their location, hours of operation, social media links, etc. Can I do this with CustomPress?

And I admit that I believe this will work with custom coding but do not know how not being a coder myself.

With that said, I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• ghmaster

Thanks for the response, I took a look at the Directory plugin, and I don't think it will do what I had in mind. What I am going after is the ability to create custom option pages at a super admin level. So for example, the super admin would create a 'Social Media Options Page' where you can enter all your social media links. This page would then be available to blog admins to save their social media links. Since there is only one set of social media links for each blog, it doesn't make sense for it to be a custom post type. I'm not so sure that Custom Press can do this (please correct me if I am wrong). If that is the case, any recommendations for plugins with this functionality would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• aecnu

Greetings ghmaster,

Thank you for the additional clarification and though I researched for a plugin using topics like and including the following keywords and key phrases i.e. admin social media links, I could not find anything fits this purpose as described.

I do not know if @Arnold has anything in mind as a probable solution, but lets ask him.

Hopefully he will make it back in here sooner then later with his input and hopefully a solution.

In any event have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• Arnold

Well if I understand you correctly, you want to display a page that has the same fields for every blog defined at the super admin level. Then each blog admin can enter his blog specific version of that set of fields.

To display a page your going to have to use Some kind of post type just to store the page. You could use a "page" type post which is already defined. You can connect custom fields from CustomPress to the "page" post type. The complication is that any other pages you have will be mixed in with these special pages.

That's why I suggested a Custom Post type, just to partition where data easy. NOte that on any Post you can make multiple pages of the same post type so I'm not sure what you expect in defining one set per blog.

Classically you would Create Admin menu pages muc like the Settings pages that hold one copy of that information for a given blog. Then your using update_options()
    to store the info.

• aecnu

Greetings ghmaster,

Considering the lead developers last response, it appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe