How to include first and last name in MailChimp?

Hi,
I'm testing out MailChimp
I capture First and Last names on registration using Cimy User Extra Fields. I noticed that when using the Mail Chimp integration plugin, it is only uploading the email address. Is there a way to have the plugin include the First and Last names?

Also, I'm confused on whether the plugin should be single site or network activated? I want to send Getting Started newsletters to all new blog sign-ups. Since all sites use the main blog signup.php, does the plugin need to be activated only on the main blog?

• Jennifer

I'm having the same issue. I'm using the add-on in the Protected Content plugin. I can't find any errors logs.

I checked the plugin and add-on files. I'm no programmer, but this is what I found:

In the plugin /app/view/shortcode/class-ms-view-shortcode-registeruser.php

line 110:

'first_name' => array(
    				'id' => 'first_name',
    				'title' => __( 'First Name', MS_TEXT_DOMAIN ),
    				'type' => MS_Helper_Html::INPUT_TYPE_TEXT,
    				'value' => $data['first_name'],
    			),

'last_name' => array(
    				'id' => 'last_name',
    				'title' => __( 'Last Name', MS_TEXT_DOMAIN ),
    				'type' => MS_Helper_Html::INPUT_TYPE_TEXT,
    				'value' => $data['last_name'],
    			),

In the add-on /mailchimp/class-ms-addon-mailchimp.php

line 381:

$merge_vars = array();
    			if ( ! empty( $member->first_name ) ) {
    				$merge_vars['FNAME'] = $member->first_name;
    			}

if ( ! empty( $member->last_name ) ) {
    				$merge_vars['LNAME'] = $member->last_name;
    			}

I checked the MailChimp list and their field columns are "First Name" and "Last Name" though their merge tags are FNAME and LNAME.

Are the titles missing from the add-on script? Or some merge tag conflict? It just doesn't seem like MailChimp is recognizing the name values being thrown at it.

j

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @Jennifer,

Thanks for posting in this thread, however it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original poster.
    This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for you.

You can start a new thread here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.