How to insert post ads using short codes?

Hi:

I have created few inpost ads but I do not want these in-post ads to be shown automatically but rather I want to show these inpost ads via short codes based on specific post types. How do i go about inserting a short code of any of the in-post ads?

I use a custom WP theme.

Many Thanks,
Jerry

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jerry,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

I will add shortcodes as a feature request :slight_smile: the best way to workaround this in that case is to sort of cheat a bit and use paragraph tags. Set the number of paragraphs into a post you want them to appear then create blank lines to force it to appear where you like.

ie.

set it to 5 paragraphs then:

<p></p>
    <p></p>
    <p></p>
    <p></p>
    <p></p>

Of course you will need to take your actual paragraphs into account too :slight_smile:

I know that likely isn't the solution you were after; however, I do have shortcodes marked as a feature request and hopefully some other members will chime in as well so we can get more support for it!

In the meantime, let me know if you have any further questions Jerry.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jerry,

Just following up here, we discussed this internally and shortcodes is something we will be putting into consideration for the next iteration of the plugin, thanks for bringing it up :slight_smile:

In the meantime just using the p tag method OR you can also choose a different element(attached screenshot), if you wanted it to be more specific and not take every paragraph into account too - might be easier to place it that way :slight_smile:

Hope you have a great rest of your day!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.