How to insert sidebar with widgets into Upfront/Spirit Theme

I am trying to add a sidebar to blog posts and am unable to do so.

How do you add a standard sidebar with widgets?

• Corey Quick
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey Jesse,

To add widgetized sidebars via Upfront:
    -While logged in as the wp admin, go to the page you would like to add widgets to and select upfront at the top of the page.
    -Select and drag the widget element where you would like the sidebar and drop it.
    -Select the green settings button on the element to select which widget to display.
    -Save Changes

-Let me know if you need further help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Corey Quick

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @Jesse, hope you're well today!

You can add regions like sidebar for example to the posts to which you can add desired widgets as Corey explained. You can find more info on adding regions here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/upfront-regions/.

Generally you should be able to make this global region for all posts, the options appears once hitting save, see screenshot. However, this option is currently not working properly and it has already been reported as a bug. We are already working on a fix which will be implemented in one of the following updates.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Jesse
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok, I thought I was going crazy. I was submitting all kinds of questions because I couldn't get it to work.

This is a pretty major feature for me (and everyone I'm sure!) is there any type of estimate on when it will be complete? Like a day or so or will it be longer? Trying to migrate a site and would have a hard time doing it without this.

Thanks,
    Jesse

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @Greg,

Yes this has been fixed in the recent versions of the theme. Now when you add region in the upfront customizer (ex sidebar) you have the option to make that region global.

Please let me know if you need additional assistance on this one :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.