How to install initial plugin WPMU DEV

Stupid question. I don;t install the WPMU DEV Dashboard on every site but when I do, I can never find it.

I have not idea where to find it. I thought it was a WP plugin

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jpforte,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Yes, this is a WP plugin. In order to install it you will want to download it from here (please note that you need to be logged-in to your WPMU DEV account in order to do this):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

Having a .zip archive downloaded you then may install it just like any other WordPress plugin through your dashboard's

"Plugins -> Add new -> Upload" page.

The plugin will then be listed on "Plugins -> All plugins" list.

That said, if I understand the issue correctly, you will want to note that the "WPMU DEV" menu item in the dashboard (usually right below the "Dashboard" menu item) is initially only visible to the very same admin account that it has been enabled with.

For example, if there are two "admin" accounts like "admin1" and "admin2" and WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin was enabled by "admin1" then "admin2" will not be able to see it.

To make it visible to all admin users, add this line to your "wp-config.php" file (right above the "/* That's all! Stop editing... " line):

define('WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER', '1, 10');

The "1" and "10" numbers are IDs of admin user accounts so you will want to replace them with real IDs of admin accounts of your site.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.