How to install login button for members

I’ve created a site using Membership, and I need to create a “Login” button for returning members. I’ve searched the existing conversations and on Google this afternoon trying to find an answer, so I’ll just apologize in advance if this is a really basic question and I’m just missing it. I’m finding ways to customize the WordPress login, but not finding ways to actually activate the login itself. Thanks for any advice! –Elaine

• Seth
    • Flash Drive

Hi Elaine, it comes down to where you want to put the button.

As long as you know the URL of your sign in page, you can upload a button image to the page you want the button, click the link icon (looks like a picture of a chain link) and add the link to the image so that the members will be redirected to your login page when they click the button.

If you’d like to place it in the widget, you simply do the above, but this time go to “html” view in the page or post, copy the html code generated by the button and paste it into a “plan text” widget which you place in your side bar.

Both of these solutions are based on the assumption that you want a button which leads from a page or a post, or from a widget to a login page. Let me know if I’m missing something about your question.

• Seth
    • Flash Drive

Hi Elaine, it comes down to where you want to put the button.

As long as you know the URL of your sign in page, you can upload a button image to the page you want the button, click the link icon (looks like a picture of a chain link) and add the link to the image so that the members will be redirected to your login page when they click the button.

If you’d like to place it in the widget, you simply do the above, but this time go to “html” view in the page or post, copy the html code generated by the button and paste it into a “plan text” widget which you place in your side bar.

Both of these solutions are based on the assumption that you want a button which leads from a page or a post, or from a widget to a login page. Let me know if I’m missing something about your question.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.