How to install MarketPress by uploading to site

Just bought MarketPress. I know how to install a plugin from the "install new plugin" on the dashboard. But your instructions say to upload the unzipped plugin to my WP site.

How do I do that?

• jim_meyer
    • Syntax Hero

The easiest way to do this is the way you are familiar with just load it like you load any other plugin in Wordpress.
    Download from WPMU to your Desktop then upload the zipped file from your desktop into Wordpress.

also install the "WPMU DEV Dashboard" which you can then easily install any Plug or Theme from inside Wordpress, it also allows easy updates of all themes and plugs from WPMU

• NealF
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I can't find the page right now where I saw the instructions to upload the unzipped folder to my site.

I did originally try to install the zipped plug in the usual way - from my dashboard - instal new plug in. That said to upload a zipped plugin. When I did, it said it failed.

Now I went back to my plugins and lo and behold! It somehow WAS installed. Just need to activate it now.

Thanks everyone for the quick response. Being a newbie, I'm sure I'll be back on the forum again soon. :wink:

• NealF
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Oops!

Tried to activate it and got this message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class MarketPress_Shopping_Cart in /home5/theartv7/public_html/neal-fox/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 7065

Am I supposed to deactivate the lite version first? If so, will I lose all my work?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey all.

There are a number of ways to install our plugins as kindly pointed out by some of our fantastic members here!! :slight_smile:

If you have the WPMU DEV Dashboard as mentioned then you can use the auto installer. This will bring the plugin over, install and on a single site activate it. If on multisite it leaves it to you to activate.

The other is FTP, you unpack the ZIP locally and then upload the /marketpress/ folder to your sites /plugin/ folder.

This plugin can be installed through the normal WordPress plugin interface.

Admin --> Plugins

Admin --> Network --> Plugins

If you're getting errors then please let us know what the errors are.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class MarketPress_Shopping_Cart in /home5/theartv7/public_html/neal-fox/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 7065

This error is indeed because there are multiple versions of MarketPress active. You must deactivate the lite version first. The data should be safe and when you activate the full the data should still be there for you as both plugins use the same tables.

You have no need for the lite version now so you could just delete that plugin and use the full one only.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.