How to integrate Appointments+ & MarketPress

How can one integrate Appointments+ with MarketPress to allow for additional gateways?

I got the idea from here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pot-file-payment-gateway

I’ve installed and activated both plugins, but I’m at a loss at how to get MarketPress’s additional gatways into Appointments+.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

I’ve installed and activated both plugins, but I’m at a loss at how to get MarketPress’s additional gatways into Appointments+.

It’s kinda the other way around. The gateways remain in MarketPress, appointments are like products:

How does integration with MarketPress work? Are there any special considerations?

If you select “Integrate with MarketPress” any MarketPress product page having Appointments+ shortcodes will be regarded as an “Appointment Product Page”. Those pages are automatically modified and you are not supposed to be doing anything special. For your information, here is how the integration works:

An Appointment will be regarded as a digital product, therefore shipping information is not asked if ordered alone.

Like any other digital product, quantity of an appointment is always fixed to 1, but client can add as many appointments as he wishes with different variations, that is, with different date and time.

Download link that is normally added to confirmation email for digital product orders is removed.

Appointments in the cart are shown as “Appointment Product Page Title: Appointment ID (Appointment date and time)”.

“Add to Cart” and “Buy Now” buttons on the Appointment Product page are not visible until client confirms the appointment.

“Add to Cart” and “Buy Now” buttons are only possible for a full appointment product page, therefore on products list page, an Appointments+ product will always have a “Choose Option” button. No price will be shown. For the same reason, please use Single Product shortcode with only content=”full” setting.

Paypal button of Appointments+ is invisible and thus its own Paypal Standard Payments option is disabled. Client will use the payment gateways MarketPress is providing. You can use all MarketPress payment gateways.

Quantity and Variation fields on the product page are always invisible.

Price of the appointment on the cart is the deposit price, if a deposit field is set. Otherwise it is the full price.

If an appointment product is manually removed from the cart by the client, its record will also be removed from the appointments table.

An appointment product can be automatically removed from the cart if “Disable pending appointments after” setting is set and client does not finalize the purchase during that time. Thus you may consider to add a warning note that transaction should be completed within the selected time.

If this happens while client is paying and client does pay, however, that appointment will be taken out from removed status and it will be marked as paid.

On the admin product management page if it is an Appointments+ Product, variations, SKU, price column fields will display “-“.

Transactions are shown in MarketPress, but related appointment record is updated, that is, status is changed to “paid”.

Take care.

• sharon_foong
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Tim, it still doesn't show up in the Shopping Cart as a product.

A couple of things are confusing –

1) I presume under Appointments > General > Display Settings (first line), I do not tick the "Create an Appointment Page" box because I do not want it shown anywhere else except as a listed Product.

2) Under Appointments > General > Payment Settings, (last line) I tick "Integrate with MarketPress" and tick "Create an Appointment Product Page".

A Product page named "Appointment" is automatically created with all the shortcodes already in it. The URL is http://blog.doughempire.com/shop/products/appointment

Upon testing, the appointment is captured on the backend. However, it still hasn't been added to the Shopping Cart as a product, like how the FAQs say it would.

Here are the screenshots, I don't know what I'm missing..

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

Can you just temporary disable the AddThis plugin, I believe it’s that one appending some tracking hashtag code to your url #.ULVmEtOLJqs

I’ve seen it affect plugins before so just wanna test and if that doesn’t work then could I take a closer look?

Can you please send in:

– Mark to my attention

– Link back to this thread

– Include admin/network access

– Include FTP

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hello, hope you’re well.

Just following up on some threads here and noted that we’ve not heard from you in a while.

If you’re still looking for some assistance on this thread then please by all means reopen it or create a fresh thread for any new questions.

Take care.

• sharon_foong
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Tim

I will try disabling AddThis & update this thread with the results.

I also noticed something else – when editing the “Appointment Product Page”, I noticed if I remove ALL of the Appointments+ shortcode (anything beginning with [app_xxxx] – meaning it is now a blank product page, the Add To Cart button appears.

The moment any Appointments+ shortcode is inserted (even if it’s just one), the Add To Cart button disappears.

I’m not sure if this is also related to the AddThis plugin but I will give it a go this afternoon.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven’t heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is “Not resolved” in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers

PC

• slpconte
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I am having problems with this integration. i have followed the instructions above and allowed the appts plugin to create my product page and it looks like the screenshot (http://screencast.com/t/ALjwClqx). It says $0 at the bottom, the buy now button is visible (and i have add to cart button choice ticked). So before a service is chosen the wrong button is displayed. I choose a service and appointment time, confirm it and then click buy now and i get back to refreshed page and my appointments are pending.

the lazy eco mom.com/store/products/appointment/

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Looking at your site, there seems to be an issue with displaying the cart in your theme. You also have the Buy button output twice.

So not to confuse matters with the current thread, I think it would be best to open a new one of your own.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/qanda/

This issue related to the AddThis plugin, are you using that plugin?

You'll also need to confirm the issue in one of the default themes (this just lets us know if it's a plugin issue, or a theme issue, or sometimes a bit of both). Does it still exist?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/qanda/

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.