How to integrate external AR with membership?

normally, all the membership plugins have provision to integrate external autoresponder (AR), mostly using feeding the code from AR into a box that outputs a registration form.

How do we do it in wpmudev's membership plugin?

• Alexander

Hi @aam,

Membership is built off the standard WordPress user accounts. So it's possible to use another auto-responder that is based off the registration date.

The other option would be to use Membership's ping system. You can have Membership trigger a URL on any third party site, it can also include the username, access level, and other event data.

You can find more about this in the video tutorials or manual here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#usage

Best regards,

• aam

Membership is built off the standard WordPress user accounts. So it's possible to use another auto-responder that is based off the registration date.

I wish to have a detailed procedure to do this. Otherwise this information does not help me.

The other option would be to use Membership's ping system. You can have Membership trigger a URL on any third party site, it can also include the username, access level, and other event data.

I watched the video relating to remote pings; but it is not easy to understand how do I integrate the custom AR; in my case its MyMail WP Plugin using Mandrill smtp. Will appreciate a detailed step by step integration - otherwise this response too does not help much.

No matter how powerful WPMUDEV membership plugin is, if it cannot be use as easily as other popular membership plugins or does not have clear instructions on setting it up - or integrating with other services (least with utoresponders) it is of no use to majority of us.

• Alexander

@aam,

You're asking very general questions, so all I can give is a general answer. You don't even specify what external system you might be using. I was just trying to cover the bases

As I said before Membership doesn't integrate with any Autoresponders. So there isn't a detailed procedure here. You're welcome to use any other Autoresponder along side Membership. Setting this up would come down to whatever you choose to use.

As for the pings, this specifically depends on what is supported by the third party system, and how their API is setup.

Best regards,

• aam

@Alexander Rohmann

Thanks for getting back.

>You don't even specify what external system you might be using.

You possibly missed my response here: "... in my case its MyMail WP Plugin using Mandrill smtp. "

MyMail can output an optin-form code corresponding to a list created. Normally, in other membership plugins, there is a provision to copy-n-paste this code in relation to each product or level, and members buying this product/level are automatically directed to sign-up to the intended autoresponder list before allowing them the access to the purchased product or level.

>As I said before Membership doesn't integrate with any Autoresponders.

If it is not possible to integrate as I described above, would appreciate if there is any other way to connect an optin form code corresponding to a particular list created in mymail.

===========================
    If this is not possible at all, I request you to include integration of autoresponder script/plugin at each product/ level using the optin-form generated by the autoresponder script/plugin. This is very well propogated feature with almost all the well-known WP membership plugins and will be highly welcomed by the wp-user community looking for membership plugin at wpmudev.

==================================

Thank you for your continued attention.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.