How to integrate MailChimp with Popup Pro?

What is the best way to integrate MailChimp with Popup Pro?

I've tried to add MC signup forms code with not much luck.

If I install the MC plugin can I use that and put a shortcode into Popup Pro for it to work?

• Vaughan

Hi Cary,

Hope you're well?

Yes you can place shortcodes in the popup, make sure you set the loading method in the settings to page footer though.

With the Mailchimp code, it should also work though, at least it does on my own site.

Here's the code I used on my popup, this was from the templates section on mailchimp.com when I loginto my mailchimp account & click on the campaign.

If it looks similar to below, then that should work ok.

<!-- Begin MailChimp Signup Form -->
    <link href="//cdn-images.mailchimp.com/embedcode/classic-081711.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <style type="text/css">
    	#mc_embed_signup{background:#fff; clear:left; font:14px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; }
    	/* Add your own MailChimp form style overrides in your site stylesheet or in this style block.
    	   We recommend moving this block and the preceding CSS link to the HEAD of your HTML file. */
    </style>
    <div id="mc_embed_signup">
    <form action="//vaughanmontgomery.us9.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=e5d4guyftuyfufufufffc572c0&id=43ef5huh6a4" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>
        <div id="mc_embed_signup_scroll">
    	<h2>Subscribe to our mailing list</h2>
    <div class="indicates-required"><span class="asterisk">*</span> indicates required</div>
    <div class="mc-field-group">
    	<label for="mce-EMAIL">Email Address  <span class="asterisk">*</span>
    </label>
    	<input type="email" value="" name="EMAIL" class="required email" id="mce-EMAIL">
    </div>
    	<label for="mce-FNAME">First Name </label>
    	<input type="text" value="" name="FNAME" class="" id="mce-FNAME">
    </div>
    	<label for="mce-LNAME">Last Name </label>
    	<input type="text" value="" name="LNAME" class="" id="mce-LNAME">
    </div>
    	<div id="mce-responses" class="clear">
    		<div class="response" id="mce-error-response" style="display:none"></div>
    		<div class="response" id="mce-success-response" style="display:none"></div>
    	</div>    <!-- real people should not fill this in and expect good things - do not remove this or risk form bot signups-->
        <div style="position: absolute; left: -5000px;"><input type="text" name="b_e5d40e175a73bfuuyffc572c0_43ef5gyuf6a4" tabindex="-1" value=""></div>
        <div class="clear"><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" name="subscribe" id="mc-embedded-subscribe" class="button"></div>
        </div>
    </form>
    </div>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='//s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.mailchimp.com/js/mc-validate.js'></script><script type='text/javascript'>(function($) {window.fnames = new Array(); window.ftypes = new Array();fnames[0]='EMAIL';ftypes[0]='email';fnames[1]='FNAME';ftypes[1]='text';fnames[2]='LNAME';ftypes[2]='text';}(jQuery));var $mcj = jQuery.noConflict(true);</script>
    <!--End mc_embed_signup-->

Hope this helps

• Cary

This is what my code looks like when I pull it from MC. Still nothing...

<!-- Begin MailChimp Signup Form -->
    <link href="//cdn-images.mailchimp.com/embedcode/classic-081711.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <style type="text/css">
    #mc_embed_signup{background:#fff; clear:left; font:14px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; }
    /* Add your own MailChimp form style overrides in your site stylesheet or in this style block.
    We recommend moving this block and the preceding CSS link to the HEAD of your HTML file. */
    </style>
    <div id="mc_embed_signup">
    <form action="//gocolorado.us7.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=06874a9c614fc1b5a1973c0ad&id=a4bb9a8359" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>
    <div id="mc_embed_signup_scroll">
    <h2>Subscribe to our mailing list</h2>
    <div class="indicates-required"><span class="asterisk">*</span> indicates required</div>
    <label for="mce-EMAIL">Email Address <span class="asterisk">*</span>
    </label>
    <input type="email" value="" name="EMAIL" class="required email" id="mce-EMAIL">
    </div>
    <label for="mce-FNAME">First Name </label>
    <input type="text" value="" name="FNAME" class="" id="mce-FNAME">
    </div>
    <label for="mce-LNAME">Last Name </label>
    <input type="text" value="" name="LNAME" class="" id="mce-LNAME">
    </div>
    <div id="mce-responses" class="clear">
    <div class="response" id="mce-error-response" style="display:none"></div>
    <div class="response" id="mce-success-response" style="display:none"></div>
    </div> <!-- real people should not fill this in and expect good things - do not remove this or risk form bot signups-->
    <div style="position: absolute; left: -5000px;"><input type="text" name="b_06874a9c614fc1b5a1973c0ad_a4bb9a8359" tabindex="-1" value=""></div>
    <div class="clear"><input type="submit" value="Subscribe" name="subscribe" id="mc-embedded-subscribe" class="button"></div>
    </div>
    </form>
    </div>

<!--End mc_embed_signup-->

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.