how to integrate Marketpress, Membership and Affiliate plugins with Prosites

I am ready to install Prosites, but I want to include Marketpress, Membership and Affiliate plugins for new site owners. Is there any way for me as Super Admin to be paid when the users use these plugins to make money from their products, members or affiliates?

In other words, when they sell a product or get a new paid member, can I somehow also be paid some kind of override?

If not, is there a work-around solution so I can benefit when my users bring in new users who pay for a site?

Thanks, Joe.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Joe,

I hope you are well today.

Out of the box I don't believe this would be possible, for example you could set up MarketPress and network activate it and then use it as a MarketPlace where you can take a % from each sale, but I don't believe that is what your looking for.
    Rather your looking for a way to charge for when people use certain plugins correct?
    In that case, I'd recommend activating the Premium Plugins module of Pro Sites, which will restrict them based on levels, so they may have to have a certain level/plan to use a certain plugin, would that work for you?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• joejacobson

Hi Jack,

Yes, I can see that MarketPress is set up for taking the percentage. I saw that in the settings. I guess there's no way to get that percentage on recurring monthly subscribers. Probably not affiliates either, right? I know I've seen some affiliate software that goes down several levels for payout, but they may not work with multisites.

So, as you suggest, maybe the best bet is to put plugins like Membership in the highest level and charge more. I was just thinking that if a user site was successful in building their membership (say hundreds or thousands of members), it would be better to get a % of their membership rather than just an few extra dollars a month for the higher Pro Site level.

Think this override on membership sites could ever be added by the developer?

Thanks, Joe.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi Joe (@joejacobson)

I hope you are well today.

Yes, I can see that MarketPress is set up for taking the percentage. I saw that in the settings. I guess there's no way to get that percentage on recurring monthly subscribers. Probably not affiliates either, right? I know I've seen some affiliate software that goes down several levels for payout, but they may not work with multisites.

So, as you suggest, maybe the best bet is to put plugins like Membership in the highest level and charge more. I was just thinking that if a user site was successful in building their membership (say hundreds or thousands of members), it would be better to get a % of their membership rather than just an few extra dollars a month for the higher Pro Site level.

Think this override on membership sites could ever be added by the developer?

I'm afraid there currently isn't a way to get that % on recurring monthly subscribers. Or via affiliates :slight_frown:
    I think currently that would be your best bet to simply charge more, though of course this isn't ideal.
    Ideally you want modifications to the membership plugin and affiliates for how they integrate and how the payment process works correct?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.