how to integrate ProSites with New Blog Sites plugin

I want to install Prosites. But I also want to provide a customized site (Themes) to certain ProSites levels using the New Blog Sites plugin.

I assume the two plugins work together. For example, the free level would not have any customized themes from the New Blog plugin, but a higher level would give the new user a choice from a few customized themes.

Is this possible?

Also, how are updates to the themes handled in the case where the theme is customized?

Thanks, Joe.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Joe,

I hope you are well today.

New blog templates is used to create templates for newly created blogs/sites that can be selected from on sign-up, these templates can't be selected in the WordPress admin, eg, someone couldn't sign up, choose a template and then change their mind later and get another template, they could only choose from a standard theme that you have installed. If that makes sense?

If a template is customized/updated and that is a new blog templates site/theme, the updates wouldn't reflect on the sites that already have been created, but only on newly created sites.

Also was you looking for a way to limit the selection on the front-end, by the chosen level in Pro Sites? :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• joejacobson

Thanks for your reply, Jack.

Yes, I want to limit the selection of themes by the chosen pro level. I have found some other threads on this and it looks like it's not possible at this time. That is, using the New Blog templates at different levels.

But my other questions is: how do I update a customized theme after is has been created by the New Blog plugin? Would it have to be done one by one by the site owner? Seems like that would be a cool feature of New Blog plugin if we use one of the WPMU themes, to have it update-able by the auto-update feature included with WPMU dashboard. Otherwise, if the multisite had 1,000 sites, it would be nearly impossible to keep the customized themes updated.

Thanks, Joe.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Joe, (@joejacobson)

I hope you are well today, sorry for the delay on this, I missed your previous response.

Yes, I want to limit the selection of themes by the chosen pro level. I have found some other threads on this and it looks like it's not possible at this time. That is, using the New Blog templates at different levels.

I'm afraid that's currently not possible :slight_frown: Though it would make a fantastic addition to the plugin/plugins :slight_smile:

But my other questions is: how do I update a customized theme after is has been created by the New Blog plugin? Would it have to be done one by one by the site owner? Seems like that would be a cool feature of New Blog plugin if we use one of the WPMU themes, to have it update-able by the auto-update feature included with WPMU dashboard. Otherwise, if the multisite had 1,000 sites, it would be nearly impossible to keep the customized themes updated.

Currently to update the template created with new blog templates, you would edit the site that you have the template linked into, eg the one that it's taking the settings from. But the updates/changes would only be reflected on newly registered sites and not current sites, current sites would need to be edited on a site by site basis, though they can of course be mass upgraded (plugins, WP versions etc) via network admin.

I see what you mean there, so have the 1 site connected to all the other sites within the network via the dashboard and when that one is updated, update them all, correct? I'm not 100% sure if that would be possible myself, but it does sound interesting and would certainly make a great addition.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.