How to keep site admins from creating Mycreed points.

Hiya, I am using WPMS w/ BBpress, "No BP", and want super admins to be the only ones to create points.

Thanks, Live Long & Prosper!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Mark,

I hope you're doing well today!

As you mentioned MyCred in your title, I'd just like to ask, are you looking to have it so that only Network Admin (Super Admin) can create MyCred points?

Could you let me know how that relates to bbPress?

I'm not quite sure I understand the request. Any extra detail would help. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    DavidM

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Yes super admins / network admins only ones to create points.

I mentioned BBpress because it is installed on the Network, and mentioned there is no BP, because some people still think BBpress is part of BP.

My goal is to have non Super Admins / Network Admins blocked from creating points.

I want everyone but Super Admins / Network Admins to be blocked from creating points.

I only want Super Admins / Network Admins to be able to create points

lol Thanks DavisM, Live Long & Prosper!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your clarification. Could you let me know what you mean by Super Admin only "creating" points?

From my understanding, you could go to MyCred > Hooks and set all the values to 0 so that users don't receive points for any of those things.

Is it that you want only Super Admin to be able to access the MyCred settings?

Cheers

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Mark,

I think that might be rather easy. MyCRED provides an option to specify user capabilities.

Go to myCRED > Settings.

Under the Security heading, change the fields like so:

Edit Settings: manage_network
    Edit Users Points: manage_network

You may want to experiment with that a bit, as you might only need to set the Edit Users Points option.

You also might want to consider setting the Master Template option to Yes at:
    yoursite.com/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=myCRED_Network

That will make it so you just setup your options once on your main blog and they'll persist from site to site.

I should mention, this really is a support question related to the myCRED plugin and you can get support for it on the public forum for it:
    http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/mycred

I'm relatively familiar with the plugin now though, so I don't mind helping with it, plus we're over on those forums too. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    DavidM

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.