How to let the user set the billing address om checkout (2.5.2)

Hallo,

I am setting up my first site with MarketPress and noticed that MP adds some fields in the user profile to save shipping & biling information.

How do I let the user enter both info during checkout? Actually I am only presented with "shipping information" at checkout.

Is there anyway to have a checkbox asking if there is a different billing address and, if checked, let the user enter the data?

thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ugrandolini,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Were you checking this using an already registered account?

The reason why I am asking is that once a user has a registered account with you if I recall correctly this information should be pre-populated upon checkout.

Which checkout payment gateways do you have activated?

This will make a big difference to which questions are asked. i.e. PayPal Express with PayPal account billing information becomes irrelevant and only shipping would become important.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• ugrandolini
    • New Recruit

Hi Joe,

thanks for your help!

Were you checking this using an already registered account?

no, I need both addresses to be entered during the checkout, even the first time a new customer buys from us.

Which checkout payment gateways do you have activated?

Manual and Paypal. For the moment I am only testing manual.

Cheers, Ugo

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings ugrandolini,

After lengthy testing after a quick reconfiguration from digital products to physical products on my production testing environment, I have a few suggestions for you if you want a separate billing information screen.

One is in the manual payments setting screen it offers you the opportunity to possibly put in a form to capture the information separately - in the WYSIWYG editors.

Another option is to set this as a feature request, but this may take more time then useful to you now.

Please advise :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• ugrandolini
    • New Recruit

Hi,

One is in the manual payments setting screen it offers you the opportunity to possibly put in a form to capture the information separately - in the WYSIWYG editors.

do you mean the User Instructions or the Confirmation User Instructions fields?
    these are both text fields made for other purposes, the user table has already the needed fields, just need to be able to enter the info at the checkout

Another option is to set this as a feature request, but this may take more time then useful to you now.

I guess I need to code this myself :slight_frown:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.