How to limit visible plugins in network sites?

What best way to limit visible plugins in network sites but make them active on my main, primary site? ie I only want users to see certain plugins not all of them I’m using on main network site.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hey there @SimpleSite

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

Have you seen our Pretty Plugins plugin?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pretty-plugins/

It enables you to customize exactly what information is presented to your sub-site admins.

Add Pro Sites and you can set exactly which ones are available to all sites, none, or only selected Pro Site levels.:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

Have fun!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@SimpleSite

Not quite. :slight_smile:

Plugins that are network-activated will not appear at all for selection by sub-site admins because they are already activated by you, the network admin, and can only be deactivated by you.

You, as network admin, can activate & deactivate plugins anywhere on your network, including the main site, regardless of Pro Site settings.

To hide plugins from sub-site admins, set them to “None” in your Pro Sites Premium Plugins module.

To allow all sub-site admins access to a plugin, set it to “Anyone” in Pro Sites Premium Plugins.

• SimpleSite
    • New Recruit

Interesting thing is that I don’t see any of the plugins showing in the Pro Sites Premium Plugins. Also, I see the plugins showing in the dashboard menu bar of a sub site even though they are not showing under the plugins section for a subsite. (I’m logged in with an admin unique to subsite) Thank you for any help to sort this out.

• Paul Kevin
    • Neo

Hello @SimpleSite,

How are you today? As a network admin, if you navigate to the Plugins section, all Plugins that are under the “Active” tab, will be visible to all users. To make a plugin not visible, you can “Network Deactivate” it.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.