How to list the fundraiser's backers?

Hi!
Is there a way to list the fundraiser's backers just like Kickstarter's Backers tab?

Thanks!
Ricardo

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey rbl

There is a function for displaying a simple total number of backers but not a "Backer List". I'm working on larger BuddyPress integration that might be able to handle that kind of display, but it isn't available at this time.

I'm not sure if you are a comfortable with php but you could use the little snippet of code below to begin writing your own display of a backer list.

Put this somewhere in your template or wherever you like really and it will print out the available information for each backer of a particular fundraiser.

Please make sure you are doing this on a testing server because you wouldn't want sensitive information printed on your live site.

<?php
    $post_id = 'Use the post id of the fundraiser';

// If the fundraiser exists and fundraising is installed then continue
    if(get_post($post_id) && class_exists('WDF')) {
    	global $wdf;
    	// get_pledge_list() returns standard array() of post objects
    	$pledge_list = $wdf->get_pledge_list($post_id);

foreach($pledge_list as $pledge) {
    		// get_transaction() returns an array of available transaction meta-data
    		$transaction = $wdf->get_transaction($pledge->ID);
    		//This prints the transaction array so you can see what is available for display.
    		echo '<pre>'.var_export($transaction,true).'</pre>';
    	}
    }
    ?>

Didn't get a chance to test so let me know if you use it and have issues. (Look ma no hands!)

Hope that helps.

• Cole

Woohoo great!

Exactly, future versions might use the wp_user table but the only information that is currently stored is information mostly related to the payment and the payment gateway.

You can pass your own transaction data into the update_pledge() function but make sure you retrieve the full transaction array using get_transaction() and then add or alter the array before passing it to update_pledge() otherwise you will lose the other information. One note: if you are nesting arrays in the transaction data the function will strip out anything after the second level.

• rbl
    • Flash Drive

Humm.. I need the user_id as I'll need to retrive and display on their profiles the projects each user has backed + total amount of money, etc.

From your careful choice of words can I presume this is not on the development roadmap? :wink:

• Cole

No I will be extending WordPress users and gathering that information in the future, just nothing in the code at this point.

You could take a look at template-functions.php around line 317 and you will see how I am handling buddypress status updates. You could override that template function and include your own code to log the user_id on confirmation using something like wp_get_current_user()

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings rigonatti,

Sorry for the delay here.

I found your response back here with this ticket in the back of the ticket system and I am sure that @ColeS is not ignoring you, he is just not aware of your response/inquiry.

Therefore I have indeed alerted him that your question exists and I am sure he will respond the moment he has the chance to do so.

Thank you for your demonstrated patience and for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings rigonatti,

Sorry to report that the only news is that he is indeed notified to return to this ticket and offer and advice/advise if possible.

There is not anything more the support team can do at this point but sit and wait for the developers assistance.

I wish I could do more.

Sincerely, Joe

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi!

Just checking in :slight_smile:

I'm guessing that because we haven't heard back from you that you've got your issue worked out or that we have reached the end of our convo here. If you are still having problems or need any other answers on this particular topic please feel free to come back to this thread at anytime. Just be sure to mark it Not Resolved so we don't miss it!

This ticket is only being Resolved due to lack of activity. It is by no means an action to avoid, brush off or minimize your issue. We are ready and here if you want to re-open at any time and I apologize in advance for any lack of communication if this ticket is being closed in error.

Thanks for being part of the WPMU DEV Community!

Best,
    Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.