How to listing all of sub categories in Social Theme

Dear WPMU staff, I want to ask, how to listing all of sub categories in Social Theme? I can't see any category.php or something like that in every folders. Thank :slight_smile:

• goverian
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Ugh, finally someome read my request... :slight_smile: by the way I need to display sub categories for post and I dont use buddypress, I use social theme not for used together with buddypress, I just like the simple and nice design. Usually I edit category.php, to show subcategories rather than displaying post in specific category, but I can not find any file that have similar function like what I need, category.php, would you just tell me how can I fix my problem?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings goverian,

Thank you for your input, it is certainly appreciated.

It appears that we are missing each other probably due to the time zone differences, we are certainly not ignoring you, and I am not answering right away because you replied, it is because I just came on duty :smiley:

Normally bumping your own ticket delays a response due to the way the ticket system works. Each reply to a ticket, no matter who it is from, the ticket system sees it as a reply and moves it out of the aging ticket screen. Therefore depending on how many tickets are in the system at the time, we may not even see it.

I am offer you this information only as a tip and for no other reason but to help work together with the system that is in place.

Now on to the issue at hand :smiley:

The Social theme by default and intended use is making the top menu and sub categories are made up of pages and not posts and the sub categories are drop downs of the menu item as demonstrated here on my test production server:
    http://aecnuwpmu.us/

On the classified menu item you can see the sub category of the page.

After further testing other then widgets, the posts are not shown, at least on the main page and sub categories are not shown at all.

Obviously since this is not what you want this is the wrong theme for you.

However, I certainly do not know everything. Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer @Jeffri in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for your patience. While I do not know the reason for the delay in response from our lead developer @Jeffri, I have pinged him again and also sent him an email to chime in here.

PS : You need to update your theme to the latest version. I see that you are still running 1.3.5.5

Cheers, PC

• Jeffri
    • Front End Developer

Hi there goverian,

Sorry for the delay to get back to you. Can you explain what do you mean by listing all sub categories? Do you mean to list all categories in a page?

As a note, the Social theme didn't have a category.php file, since we don't have specific styling on category pages and only show all posts on the category, so we do that in one file: index-post.php.

Thank you.

Jeffri

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings goverian,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.