How to make my WordPress site a wiki?

I have paid for the full wordpress wiki plugin wpmudev offers. I have a wordpress site hosted by GoDaddy. I have installed the wiki plugin.

I have no idea how to 'make' that site a wiki. The site is blank - I want to create a wiki that will BE the site.

Help - this is extremely frustrating. I am obviously not a web developer but am computer savvy and have basic coding skills from years of using MATLAB and C. I'm guessing my intuition about the relationship between the site and the wiki is what's sending me off track.

Thanks in advance for enlightening me.

Monica

• PC

Hello there Monica,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

If you want your site as a wiki, the plugin allows you to do that. Please note that the plugin adds the functionality to create wikis on your site and does not convert your site theme into a wiki.

If you want your visitor to land on a wiki page, you can do that by setting a wiki as your homepage via Settings >> Reading on your WordPress site.

I will however recommend a regular landing page describing your site and then using the menu bar to add a menu item to your wiki page.

The usage guide of the plugin is here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-wiki/#usage

I will request you to kindly go through the page and please let me know how exactly you want to set this up and I will be around to assist.

Waiting for your response.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.