How to make registration page pretty

Ok got the registration to work. I didn't realize that I had to put the API for paypal in both the prosite and the marketpress. I wish there was a step by step check list for what was needed and which buttons to check or not.
Now I need to know how to make the registration page look better . I don't want it to be like the attachment - Prosite
I want the options of the packages to show up on this page, and allow them to be able to purchase right away and NOT have to wait until they register then have the choice to sign up for a website store.
I will Explain about the site and how they can use it.
Register as a user
or
open your own store
Then talk about the monthly option with a button
Then talk about the yearly option with a button
Also have paypal cart on this page
See attachment Registration: How do I do this?
I like the way this site has the header, it has the members website and then on the top it still has hers, along with a clickable button that goes back to her homepage
See attached:
I like how her site works. Please tell me if I need shortcode and where and what I need. Here is their site : their site

• Kimberly

Rhonda,

I believe that the site you are looking at is using Buddypress for signup :slight_smile:

That will be an entirely new dimension of signup.

The listing of the sites at the top of her page is a theme option that you get when you use our Framemarket or Framemarket Child theme.

I cannot access the site link you offered, however I do remember supporting a few issue on this site and know that she has alot of custom code as well.

Have you tried to use the signup/registration process on your own site? Logout and give it a try :slight_smile: Create a fake username and a site

Best,

Kimberly

• Kimberly

Buddypress is more for social networking, creating profiles, groups, etc (think mini facebook) so you don't really want to install that if you don't need it. It's alot of plugin to use just for the pretty registration page.

Unfortunately, you are stuck with the way it works, to a point. But that doesn't mean we can't make it look better.

As for your theme...
    Gridmarket is a child theme of Framemarket.

What this means is that Framemarket is the bones of Gridmarket. Sort of like when you build a house, they all have the same bones (wood, sheetrock, windows and doors) but you can add on so many things to make them all look so different. When your Gridmarket theme loads it actually visits the Framemarket folder first to get the basics of your theme (even though it's not activated, the gridmarket files send it there first, so it MUST be in your theme files) then goes back to the Gridmarket folder to get instructions on where to put the bells and whistles on top of the basics.

So, in summary, no you don't need to change, you are already using Framemarket :slight_smile:

The good news is that you can control the bells and whistles with css and some code, however I'm not sure how much of that I can do for you. It would definitely be a learning experience for both us! as I'm not very well versed in either :slight_smile:

The theme will not affect your percentage. That is controlled by the Marketpress Plugin and is totally separate from your theme.

Here is where I would start: I would take your Wanna Sell Page and remove the link you have there. I would replace it with a button that resembles your site. You can do this in paint or use a free online button creator. I'll use paint.

Then insert this via into your page and link it to your registration page.

And all of a sudden your Registration and Want to sell page looks much more professional :slight_smile:

• Kimberly

I'll say again, the look of the second picture is the Registration page for Buddypress.

You might want to take a look to see what it is before you decide how bad you have to have it. It is not a simple plugin for registration, it's an entire social networking plugin.
    buddypress.org

You can use something like Gravity Forms to create a custom registration page, however that will require some custom coding in the long run.
    http://www.gravityforms.com/