How to make sections of a site customizable without using the WPMU interface?

I'm making a site for a friend that has a lot of content (around 100 informational pages) - and with a lot of content comes a lot of small changes that will inevitably need to be made. I'm wondering if there's a way to make this content editable by my friend (as they are pretty terrible with tech and with accidental dragging and dropping etc the potential for them making a mess of the site is pretty high using the WPMU theme/edit screens).

Is there a simple way to make the content ( generally text information) editable without using the wpmudev interface? I have tried a few tricks like inserting a particular WP blog post into a text box (so they could just change the info in the post which would then flow through the changes to the site), but that of course brings with it all of the post information (like date, comments etc) which make it look all wrong - especially because each information page has several sections (so I ended up with several very obvious blog posts on the page).

Here's an example page - http://drgeraldlewis.com/disease-information/disease-coeliac-disease/ - as you can see there are several different sections of content.

Does anyone have any bright ideas on how my friend can change the info themselves?

• Sajid

Hi @Pam,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

You can tell them to edit the content only from default WordPress editor from wp-admin (I am assuming you don't want them to use upfront editor).

All the content that goes in the page can also be edited from backend. But if you have used upfront text element for content on different sections on a page then I am afraid they must use upfront editor to make changes. Because these are not recognizable by WordPress default editor.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.