How to make sure every registered member on the site is at least a member of a specific

Hey folks,

How can one make sure every registered member on the site is at least a member of a specific level we choose all users must have/need (no matter "how" they registered either via a Protected Content Signup button OR ever by just registering normally with not connection at all to a PC level when they registered)?

That level would actually be private (so not seen in the site option of course) and would be considered a "base" level required/needed by all registered users no matter "how" they registered.

***Also, is there a way to prevent the user from canceling that particular level (as it would be required/needed for all base users who are registered with the site)?

***Also, is there a way to bulk add without them all receiving a bunch of notices (as it is just going to be a base level that all need and would never expire).

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Greg

• Vaughan

Hi Greg,

Hope you're well?

you will need to create a default membership

In the memberships page, click create new membership.

Select the default membership.

Now you should be able to add members to that membership, though i'm unsure if it's possible to stop them cancelling it, as they can still subscribe to another plan.

currently there isn't a way to bulk add members to a specific plan, are these users already registered on the site, or do you plan on importing them?

Hope this helps

• Greg

@Vaughan

A while back, when you had a upgrade to PC it actually added a "system membership" level and a "this site membership" level. Both free it appears. I took the "this site membership" level PC automatically generated from one of the past major upgrades and made IT the membership level I would like to have be that "default" level already. So, the level already exists actually call "My Site Member (free)" currently. How can I make that level that is already in existence the default level?

Is there code that can remove the "cancel" button or other buttons that show for users on the level so they have not button appear to allow them to cancel it? Maybe that is a good way to do it but it would be good to do it in a way that updates would not remove it (may some functions code or whatever maybe)?

Yea, I would need them to be able to subscribe to other plans, but I have "multiple memberships" addon activated so they are able to have multiple memberships at the same time (so that would not be a issue).

The members are a already registered (not importing).

Please let me know . . .

Have a great day!

Greg

• Ash

Hello @Greg

I hope you are well today.

I hope you are well today. Would you please try the following code: https://gist.github.com/bappi-d-great/c06aa830628712f18738

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

You just need to provide correct membership ID in line no 7.

For the cancel button please try this code:

.membership_cancel{
    display: none !important;
    }

You can add this to a theme's stylesheet, in a child theme, or using a plugin like My Custom CSS.

Hope it helps Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash