How to make the Buddypress profile page full-width?

Hey. All my questions are currently Buddypress related. I wish to show the profile page full-width, without the sidebar. How can this be done?

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Griffin

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Its more likely theme related issue. :slight_smile: Buddypress renders its page in the content area theme provides using theme’s template ( if it overrides, otherwise fall back templates of WordPress ).

Do you mind sharing your theme information like,

#1) Theme name,

#2) Its download link, ( if its free, )

#3) If theme is paid one, please grant me staff access to your site so I can check theme options for this.

Looking forward to your inputs. :slight_smile:

Very Best Regards,

Milan

• Griffin
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey Milan. Support access is granted. The theme is ‘X-Theme’, which is premium.

In the X customizer area, there is a ‘Custom’ sub-section which has various bits of code that affect the presentation. What I would like, ultimately, is to have a widgeted activity feed but have the profile page full-width.

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Griffin!

I think this could be achieved with a little help of custom CSS but I’m not able to provide you with a “universal CSS” set of rules because the code depends on the theme that you’re currently using and since I don’t have access to the theme I can’t examine it.

I accessed the only site of yours that currently has “support access” granted but it seems it’s not the one as BuddyPress is not active there.

That said, could you please grant me an access to the site in question? I’d then access it and open user profile and hopefully I’ll be able to create a custom CSS for you that would help.

Best regards,

Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Griffin,

We do have access to subsites as well since we are logged in as super admin, however we can’t know where the plugin is activated and looking through each subsite can take quite some time and it can even turn out that it’s wrong site and that plugin in question is not active so make sure to let us know in future where should we look :slight_smile:

Now about the issue on hand, I was unable to find anything in X theme that can do this for you but this CSS code should do the trick:

.bbp-user-page .x-sidebar {
    display: none;
    }

.bbp-user-page .x-main {
    width: 100%;
    }

.bbp-user-page .x-sidebar-content-active .x-container.main:before {
    left: 0;
    }

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.