How to make the next page button work?

Hello,
I have a blog post full of your videos. The problem is that there are so many videos, that it actually crashed my graphics card trying to view the page. So I thought I would break them on to separate pages using the nextpage code. However, that did not work.
Support access is enabled and it will be the first post.

Thanks.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @Alex,

Hope you are having great day. :slight_smile:

As I can see you've used <!--nextpage--> properly but it is not breaking page content, So Can you confirm that you've used

<?php wp_link_pages(); ?>

Function call in your single.php file of your current active theme ? You can find it under your active theme's root folder.

Let me know what is there. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @Alex,

Thanks for confirming.

Actually I confirmed that even if we use

<?php wp_link_pages(); ?>

function inside single.php file its not breaking video shortcodes in smaller segment of post as it should. So I've flagged one of our developer for this. Hopefully they will start their work soon.

Meanwhile you can create new post and use those post link inside main post to make pagination happen somehow. I know its not good way to go with but it's the only way I can see now. :slight_frown:

As soon as I receive any update on this one I or developer will reply back you on this. Meanwhile we hope cooperation from you. :slight_smile:

Thanks!
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @Alex,

Unfortunately at this time there isn't any lazy load like feature available with current Integrated Video Tutorials. I've checked all the possible shortcode parameter to see if there is any way I can lazzy load videos but there isn't. :slight_frown:

You have to wait till this resolves or go with the workaround I've provided you. :slight_smile:

Thanks for being with us.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @Alex,

I hope you are having a good day. :slight_smile:

Developer confirmed that this is more theme related issue. So I'll need ftp and wp-admin credentials to check in depth regarding this.

Would you be able to send in your FTP and wp-admin credentials so I could take a look?

You can send the info through our private contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Milan Savaliya"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Once we have this information then I can debug the issue further :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @Alex,

Thanks for sending me required information. :slight_smile:

I've just needed to update one of the single template of your current active theme. Template I've updated is "content.php" which I've modified on my local server to test its supports <!--nextpage--> quick tag.

content.php template is called only for standard posts, but if you want to use <!--nextpage--> quick tag in all of types of posts please replace your theme's some of the content templates with attached ones.

Furthermore, Here are some guidelines to keep in mind when you using <!--nextpage--> quick tag. Please go through this and make necessary changes if you think you'll need to do so.

#1) – Ensure your inserting the <!–nextpage–> tag from the text or HTML editing interface of WordPress and not from the visual interface if you use visual interface, Wordpress Post Pagination/NextPage Does not Work

#2)– Try typing the <!–nextpage–> tag manually on the WordPress editor instead of copying it from web pages or anywhere else. I have noticed that copying this tag from web pages sometimes pasts some close matching symbols to ‘ - ‘ symbol (e.g. as – ). please refer closely the attached screenshot to see the difference between copied tag versus manually typed tag on the editor itself (this small thing driven me crazy for many hours while troubleshooting this issue :slight_smile: )

I hope this helps you.

Kind Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.