How to make URLs look like regular posts?

Hi there,

When I create a post from my custom type, it has this kind of url, together with my custom post type.

However, I want the URL to be more like my regular posts.

How can I change that?

• UNIIMI
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I would assume you would use this info

URLs with Namespaced Custom Post Types

When you namespace a URL and still want to use a "clean" URL structure, you need to add the "rewrite" element to the array. For example, assuming the "ACME Widgets" example from above:

add_action( 'init', 'create_post_type' );
    function create_post_type() {
    	register_post_type( 'acme_product',
    		array(
    			'labels' => array(
    				'name' => __( 'Products' ),
    				'singular_name' => __( 'Product' )
    			),
    			'public' => true,
    			'has_archive' => true,
    			'rewrite' => array('slug' => 'products')
    		)
    	);
    }

And change the slug from the post-type to the year and date.

(From here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Types#Custom_Types)

The problem with that is then you have to worry about creating a blog entry with the same name on the same day... even though it's not likely, it's a bad idea to do anything that could end up like that. Not a "best practice." (Similar to the warnings they give you on the permalinks page.)

• flashmech

Thanks for the solution @UNIIMI, unfortunately I'm not good with PHP at all, and am clueless about what to do with those codes right now. :slight_frown: I will assume that I will have to go read up a lot of materials from the link you provided before I have a glimmer of hope.

Hi Phil, I was hoping that the Rewrite section in custom press is able to provide this fix.

If not, having a separate plugin provided by WPMU DEV will be great as well.

By the way, you are writing a series of how-tos right? I'll go ahead and post this there too. :slight_smile:

• flashmech

Hi Phil, I'm opening this thread just to grab your attention.

I am hoping that since a guy did it previously, am wondering if you guys are able to do it too.

Which is why I asked previously

What's the possibility of adding this functionality into CustomPress?

Will be really great for my custom type, as I foresee I will have many post and some recurring (with possibly the same title) at different times throughout the years. Having the same title is quite no go for me. :slight_frown:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.