How to make WPMU Plugins work with GoDaddy hosting?

I know GoDaddy hosting has a lot of limitations and I'm having a lot of problems with the WPMU Plugins (Specially the ones I can manage from the dashboard - like Hummingbird - WP Smush Pro and Defender).

I only have two websites in GoDaddy but I wanted to add my new toys I got from WPMU but couldn't do it. The clients don't want to change their hosting (they already paid for it).

The issues I have found:
- Hummingbird: it starts the process but never finishes, so every time I check it, the bar of progress is still showing.

- Defender: I installed and it worked but then I saw there was an error message at the footer of my website so I have to uninstall it.

- WP Smush Pro: never starts, so the progress bar doesn't finish.

Have you find the same issues and how did you solve them?

I can use the old plugins I used before for achieving similar functionality (except WP Smush Pro), I just wanted to have everything in the Hub and see everything working.

Thanks for your help
Camilo

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Camilo

Hope you had a wonderful day.

About the issues related with Hummingbird, Defender and Smush Pro, I've not faced any of these in any of my test servers. So chances are high, these are your site specific. So I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• Camilo
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Rupok,

I enabled access to one of the websites that is giving me problems.

I have to correct one of the issues, it wasn't defender, it was Hummingbird. I just activated so you can see the error at the footer. It seems to appear randomly.

I can't install defender using the WPMU DEV menu option.

Thanks for your help, I was expecting some help from the community but it is very nice to get support directly so fast.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Camillo,

I allowed myself to move your thread to support forum, so we could get access to your site. However when I tried to check those issues on your site there was "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 49152 bytes)" - this error mean that there is problem with resources on your hosting.

Please take a look on this article how to increase limit of memory https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

If this will not help please try to disable manually plugins on your site through FTP - when you connect to FTP account go to wp-content/plugins and change names of the plugins folders to deactivate them (you can for example add 1 to each name).

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Camilo
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Kasia, thanks for your help.

Yes, I think the problem with the plugins is related to limitations with the GoDaddy hosting and not with WPMU plugins. I'm happy I only have 2 clients with GoDaddy accounts.

I will check the link you gave me to see if I can change the memory limit.

Anyway is nice to know that you have this direct support option and that you can check my website, I didn't know that was included with the membership, another reason to be even more happy with my membership.

Thanks
    Camilo

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.