How to manage a Pending grade?

Hi, when the student have passed all questions instructor sees some points as "Pending grade" in the "Assessment". But there is no any link or control to grade the answer. How to manage this?

• Alex
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello Michelle,

Yes, the "Assessable" is checked for both elements which now "Pending grade". I have attached 3 screenshots. One unit is File Upload and another one is the Text Field. Also one screenshot shows the Assessment chapter where I can do nothing.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Alex,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

You will need to "view" the response then on the view response page there is a "Choose grade" dropdown box that will allow you to select the grade percentage for that submission :slight_smile:

Screenshot attached.

Hope that helps Alex! Let us know if you have any further questions!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Alex

Could you please:
    1. Provide the step by step instruction on how to get the VIEW page.
    2. Let me know why there is no any easy way to grade? I think that user friendly GUI should allow just to click the PENDING GRADE and bring you to the place where you can grade the answer.

Still can't understand how the teacher can grade the answer manually.
    Please note that I am an user in this time, not the plugin developer and I am talking about the usability.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Alex,

Thanks for your response!

1. I've attached a screenshot for this too, you just need to click the "View" text inside your Assessment page via CoursePress Pro > Assessment.

2. Clicking the "View" button essentially takes you right to the place to grade the answer, so instead of clicking PENDING GRADE, it's just clicking view. The idea here is that you view the response then comment on it, if needed, then grade it and save the page :slight_smile:

If you have any further suggestions on this process we are always more than happy to hear them!

Look forward to hearing back Alex.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Alex

Ha ha ha, thank you. "I did not notice the elephant".
    And you know why? Because the link at the webpage is usually makrked with another color than usual text and it is also underlined. But not in the case with the GUI provided by CoursePress.
    Thank you.

• David
    • New Recruit

I have an additional question relating to file uploads as i interpret them to be something like written assignments. Is the instructor alerted in any way about pending assignments or do they have to always be scanning the student progress to see what needs to be graded?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.