How to manage Email for clients on multisite and domain mapping

Hi there, Please, I'm wondering what's the best way to offer email accounts for my clients on a Multisite with domain mapping. Is GSuite a good option? Thanks a lot!!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Albert,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

WordPress - as well as the domain mapping - is not an e-mail platform and that's more of a "server" question rather than WordPress.

If you are going to offer accounts that would be hosted on your server, you will probably want to get in touch with your host first and find out how to setup "automated" account creation, preferably with some API that could then be used to custom code integration with your site.

If you are going to use any kind of third party services for hosting e-mails there are two important issues to consider:

- if they offer any WP plugin to let you customers (or you) setup e-mail accounts from your site (and I admit I never came across such offer) or if they offer an API that could be used with custom coded plugin

- how are you going to handle domain DNS MX record setup? If it's you handling all the DNS settings for mapped domains then you should also be able to set MX records manually but if it's that they just point their domains to your server, that may be a bit more complex.

Would you mind sharing a bit more info on what exactly do you wish to achieve then?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Albert

Hi Adam, Thanks a lot for your response!
    I want to create a Multisite with mapping domains, prosites and other WPMU plugins where customers can create automatically their websites. I would like to sell enom domains with ProSites and now I wondering how to offer email services. I don't really want to sell email services, but customers need that (that's the same as domain service). I just want to simplify the way to create a new sites to beginner customers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.