How to manually add a member in backend?

Hi,

I've just purchased the membership plugin and I really need to be able to add members via the backend, then assign them to an access level.

I'm not using this plugin in the traditional sense of a membership site - I need to create a dedicated areas with selected content for different clients. I need to be able to create their profile and then assign them different categories / pages etc.

Is this possible? If not, can it be developed?

Cheers,

• Grant

Thanks Brashell! That is what I'm looking for - I didn't know that creating a user in the traditional sense gave them membership. So that solves the problem.

However, now I've come across another... When I restrict the content to particular access level, for example, restricting to certain post categories - I don't even want the restricted categories to show up in the sidebar widget, I don't want that user to even know they exist. I'm not trying to sell membership packages, rather restrict content to certain user groups. Any ideas?
    I'm quite fluent in HTML, CSS and some PHP - I'm wondering if there is a way I can add a class to the
    <li> of the restricted category so I can hide it in CSS.

Cheers,

G

• PC

Hello Grant,

Glad you got the first part sorted out with the help provided by Brashell.

Any members you add in the backend can be added to a membership subscription / access level however in a different way.

The membership permissions tab is to allow them to access the certain areas in membership plugin.

If you want to assign them to an access level, you should to Membership >> All Members

Select a member Click bulk actions and select what you want to do :slight_smile:

When I restrict the content to particular access level, for example, restricting to certain post categories - I don't even want the restricted categories to show up in the sidebar widget, I don't want that user to even know they exist. I'm not trying to sell membership packages, rather restrict content to certain user groups. Any ideas?

I'd suggest you to keep different questions on different threads so that we can better support them. Asking multiple questions in a single thread will confuse everyone and also if someone else comes looking for a solution, they will not be able to find it too.

Unfortunately currently its not possible as it does not control the default WordPress widgets from displaying the existing taxonomies. It can only protect them if they are accessed and then show them a protected content message.

So if you simply want to protect it for different clients, you can use a easy manual way rather than getting into the code.

Use a text widget and put the content in shortcodes.

For example :

[level-member] Client 1 Category Link here[/level-member]
    [level-member2] Client 1 Category Link here[/level-member2]

So the first link would only be visible to a client on level member and the second would be visible to level member2

Would that work ?

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.