How to migrate MarketPress to WooCommerce?

I'd like to migrate my MarketPress sites to WooCommerce. There doesn't seem to be an export function that does this. Can you help?

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Hazrul, I hope you are well today!

In the current version of Marcetpress eCommerce the export/import is not available. I've attached here a beta version of our plugin where you can export .csv file and modify it for the WooCommerce.

Please before you install the plugin, make a full backup of your site.

Once you backup your site, navigate on your cPanel or via FTP to the root mydomain/wp-content/plugins, locate and delete marketpress file. Don't worry, your data wouldn't be lost. Upload there the content of the attached zip file.

To enable export/import option, please navigate to Store Settings -> Add Ons and click on "Import / Export" enable button.
    Navigate to Tools -> MarketPress Export, select what do you want to export all, products or orders and click on export like it's shown in the attached screenshot bellow.

That's it!

May I ask you, why would you prefer to migrate from Marketpress to Woocommerece?

Please advise,

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Hazrul Azhar Jamari
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi. The reason is because the latest version of marketpress broke my code. I still can't get my custom payment gateway working which was previously working on 2.9.

Another reason is because mp3 made changes to the default marketpress theme which broke the look and feel of my site.

I've decided to move to Woo because it is a more mature product and all i need is already there.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Hazrul, I trust you are well today!

Thank you for sharing with us your decision. I'm sorry to hear that MerketPress 3 broke the look of your site. The MarketPress 3 (MP) is a new plugin and was written from scratch and we are working hard to fix the issues that may occur after an update from MP2 to MP3.

If you change your mind we are always glad to help in any way we can.

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello bennyp

I trust you are doing well today!

I'm afraid this feature is still under development. However, you can use the All Export plugin to export products:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-all-export/

And All Import plugin to import products:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-all-import/

P.S.: Before creating export, you can try deactivating the MarketPress plugin and activating WooCommerce. All the MarketPress product should be shown within the WooCommerce plugin.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Everest
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi,
    I am also moving from MarketPress to WooCommerce because of same kind of issue!
    After choosing manual payment, when clicking on "Submit order" the website goes blank!
    I haven't even gotten any respond on the support ticket I sent!
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/marketpress-goes-blank-upon-submitting-the-order#post-1134958
    Hope this issue resolves one day and I will definitely consider going back to MarketPress! :slight_smile:

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Everest,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear its not working for you as expected and you are switching to a different solution. I posted a reply in your own thread so lets continue the discussion and get it fixed up.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• richard_norby3
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you for the information. I hate to migrate away from MarketPress, but my client MUST have gift certificates. There doesn't seem to be any movement from MarketPress on supporting gift certificates and it has been YEARS! I like WPMU Dev but this is a real pain. I've even considered hacking MarketPress, maybe modifying a copy of the coupon code to put gift certificate capabilities in, but I don't know that I have the spare time to do that. WooCommerce DOES support gift certificates. I have avoided switching for years, but I can't wait any more.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.