How To Mimic Pro-site's Fuction, To Work For Single Pages Rather Than Multi-Sites?

Hi Guy's.

I think I may get some 'egg on my face' for this one. Partly because 'wording in up' is challenging for me; but mainly because I suspect that; what should be a simple concept; is probably going to be technically very difficult!

So; at best; I am hoping to stimulate some collective discussion/debate that might go some way to making the following possible:-

The creation of a website that uses a 'function' similar to WPMU's Pro-site, but which creates a 'Main Site' 'Single Page per Registered User' internet 'Service,' much like the "Front Page" website concept of an earlier paradigm (remember that one???).

Any ideas that I could test out; as an on-going project; would be much appreciated?

Please ask if clarification needed!

Regards

johnv

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello johnv,

I'm afraid you will need to provide more information for that one. I'm not sure I completely understand what you want to achieve.
    Do you want to charge users on single WP installation for creating a single page on your site and allow them to manage it and only it?

I'm not aware of the plugin that would do that with payments, but this one https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-user-frontend/ has lots of options for similar task.

or maybe directory would work for you https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-directory/ ?

Let me know.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• john

Hi Kasia

Thank you for your reply.

Yes. Exactly as you asked "

I would like to charge users on a single WP installation for creating a single page on a site and allow them to manage it and only it?

That has really focused my mind on the concept (problem of working alone, no person to 'bounce it off')! Much appreciated!!

I would like this function to be multi-site compatible, so that the same could be carried out on a number of sub-sites!

I will 'play' with the plugins you suggest; and get back to you. Perhaps some code 'tweeking' would work?

As for the difficulty of payment, I was thinking about a basic free service, with paid 'Silver/Gold upgrades?

Kind Regards
    johnv

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello johnv,

I would like this function to be multi-site compatible, so that the same could be carried out on a number of sub-sites!

Plugins I proposed should work also on Multisite (Directory will work for 100%).

I will 'play' with the plugins you suggest; and get back to you. Perhaps some code 'tweeking' would work?

Payment are not usually something that can be handle with tweaking and quick code snippets. That requires developing integration with payment gateway and that can be quite advanced task.
    And adding plans for upgrade make this more difficult. If you are not familiar with coding you might need to hire a developer .

kind regards,
    Kasia

• john

Hi Kasia.

Thank you for your knowledge and advice.

I had two methods of approach to my ambition here! A fork in the road' as it were!

You have enabled me to eliminates one of them. The other does not have the technical difficulties you identified above.

This alternative method still has complexity; but I know that all can be met by using standard plugins.

I am sure, now, that there is not a simpler method staring me in the face!

Thank you for letting me 'bounce' the Dilemma with you.

This has been a very effective 'brain-storm' method for me.

I think this thread can be closed now.

Gratefully,

johnv