How to modify menus under profile in BuddyPress

Hello,

The items under a user's profile are not in ZH, even the translation of BuddyPress is 100% in ZH. I have checked the translation and can confirm that all words in .po/.mo are translated.

see below screenshot:

Where do they come from, and how to translated or even hide them?

Likely they are from menus somewhere, but I cannot find the menus.

Could you please help?

Regards

YZ

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Yudong,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

If I'm not mistaken, the strings as shown in the screenshot are translatable in your BuddyPress PO file, one of the reason it's not working is maybe the MO file is corrupted. Could you please share your PO file, so that I could test this in my system. You can share the file link, using cloud services like Dropbox.

You could try the Ultimate Branding plugin, and check whether it works. Once you activate the plugin, enable the Network Wide Text Change. Once enabled, go to Branding > Text Change, and try replacing these menus with your translation.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Yudong
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Nice to know that Branding can do that! Thanks for the hint.

I’d like to close this ticket as I downgraded my BuddyPress to v 2.5.3 and the translation issue is gone, along with the custom password bug during registration.

Apparently, keeping all your plugins/themes up-to-date is NOT a good choice.

Regards

YZ

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Yudong,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Glad to know that you have found a workaround, all our themes/plugin should run fine with the latest version of BuddyPress. If you find any issue, please do let us know that we could help troubleshoot it, and correct if it’s related to the plugin side.

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.