How to modify thank you message settings?

Few questions in regards to the thank you message settings:

#1)Is there a way to make restructure that page? It would be great if I could have the thank you message show up with the thermometric that shows the fundraiser's current goal and how much the person contributed in a right sidebar?

#2) When enabling the send a confirmation email after payment option, am I able to use Text and/or HTML for styling purposes. Does PayPal send a receipt in addition to this confirmation as well?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Julius,

#1)Is there a way to make restructure that page?

Thank you page is using the same template as the Fundraising page, and doesn't use own classes for modification. So it is not possible without changing the Fundraising page also.

#2) When enabling the send a confirmation email after payment option, am I able to use Text and/or HTML for styling purposes. Does PayPal send a receipt in addition to this confirmation as well?

PayPal sends it's own messages, yes - it will be confirmation about payment made with the PayPal account.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Julius
    • Syntax Hero

When testing the site using sandbox mode, I assume that PayPal doesn't send that receipt. Right?

Lastly, why do I have to create an account with PayPal to make my donation...most sites I visit for donations allow a person to use their credit card information.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Julius,

When testing the site using sandbox mode, I assume that PayPal doesn't send that receipt. Right?

It shouldn't send.

Lastly, why do I have to create an account with PayPal to make my donation...most sites I visit for donations allow a person to use their credit card information.

This is because Fundraiser don't have other gateways than the PayPal and manual gateway. There is feature request for new gateway here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/fundraising-plugin-and-stripe so you can support it.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Julius
    • Syntax Hero

Thanks Kasia for your response. I understand that I have to use PayPal and that's not the problem. The problem is that when I am checking out using PayPal, I am not allowed to just use my credit but rather in order to make the donation, I have to create a PayPal account if I don't have one. It shouldn't be mandatory to make the donation...basically there should be two options 1) to create a PayPal account, 2) enter credit information.

Hope I am making sense.

• Julius
    • Syntax Hero

If it helps, here's a screenshot of the page that I am receiving. When entering the credit card information from the SandBox account it still requires me to create a PayPal account.

Lastly, at the top of the screen why does "ppsadmin@parents4publicschools.org" show up rather than Parents for Public Schools, Inc. Is this a setting in the plugin that I need to adjust?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Julius,

It shouldn't be mandatory to make the donation...basically there should be two options 1) to create a PayPal account, 2) enter credit information.

I'm sorry but this is on the PayPal side totally - Fundraising don't have access to PayPal settings and don't control this page. This is nothing we can change.

When entering the credit card information from the SandBox account it still requires me to create a PayPal account.

You need to check if your PayPal account is allowed to receive payments from credit cards. Payments are processed through the PayPal.
    Also, you should test PayPal sandbox with the test data https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/lifecycle/sb_about-accounts/

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.