How to navigate from he bottom of one "post page" to the top of the next?

Hello WPMU DEV support team,

I have some long posts that occupy more than one screen. I can now navigate from one screen to the next by scrolling to the top of the current screen and then clicking on the "down" arrow, but this seems kludgy to me. I would rather have the reader navigate from the BOTTOM of "Post Page 1" to the top of "Post Page 2<" and similarly in going from 2 to 3, etc. Can the "up"and "down" arrows be located at the bottom of each "post page"? Or is there an even better solution? My website is rhtpoetry.com using the Experon theme, which I chose simply because it gives me a full-screen display without sidebars.

Regards,

Robert Thompson

• Robert

Hello Rupok,

I installed and activated a child theme (Theme Twenty Twelve being its parent) called "Turn Page" using the One-Click Child Theme plugin, then entered the text you recommended into the style.css file of Turn Page, but when I checked a three-page post entry on my website the nav arrows were still at he top of the page. Should I have specified the target code in the Twenty Twelve theme that the code in the child theme was supposed to override? I presumed that was done with the div.pdfemb-toolbar-top code in the child theme.

I also need to know how to put Twenty Twelve into full-screen mode for all posts. I understand the Twenty Twelve theme has a full-screen option.

Robert Thompson

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Robert,

but when I checked a three-page post entry on my website the nav arrows were still at he top of the page.

Can you point me to direct url where I can see that issue? If to see that I have to have access to your site please grant it.
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

In my last post I meant to say that I want to know how to put Twenty Twelve into full-screen mode for all posts and pages--in other words, for all content.

You will need to edit child theme styles for that theme because full width template is only available for pages by default

Add this CSS to style.css

.single-post #secondary {display: none;}
    .single-post .site-content {width: 100%;}

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Robert

Hello Kasia, Rupok, and/or members of WPMU DEV Support Team,

I have granted 5-day access to rhtpoetry.com to WPMU DEV Support. The 5-day access person started about 13 hours ago, around 00:01 (Los Angeles time) on December 30. I hope you will be able to clarify what needs to be done to put the "next arrow" (and "previous page arrow") at the bottom of each poem that I post instead of at the top. I want "natural paging" instead of having to scroll up to change the current "post page."

I also want to know how to modify the Twenty Twelve theme to full page mode for both posts and pages. Failing that, can I reduce the width of the right-hand sidebar area? This may be properly asked on a separate ticket, but I can't see how to open one given the WPMU DEV Support emphasis on signing up for a free trial.

Regards,

Robert Thompson

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Robert,

I have granted 5-day access to rhtpoetry.com to WPMU DEV Support. The 5-day access person started about 13 hours ago, around 00:01 (Los Angeles time) on December 30.

It doesn't look like support access is enabled. Please revoke it and try granting it again.
    I understand that arrows are only visible on posts like "Poem161230" ?

I also want to know how to modify the Twenty Twelve theme to full page mode for both posts and pages.

Please see second part of my answer here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-navigate-from-he-bottom-of-one-post-page-to-the-top-of-the-next#post-1193504 - you have there CSS for posts and screenshot how to change template for page.

This may be properly asked on a separate ticket, but I can't see how to open one given the WPMU DEV Support emphasis on signing up for a free trial.

Your account is not free trial. When you are logged in to WPMU DEV forum you should be able to create ticket directly from here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/

kind regards,
    Kasia