How to not display the number of likes/tweets, etc on the social marketing popup?

Hi,

I would like to not show the number of likes, tweets, google +1's on the social marketing popup window. I would greatly appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction as how to achieve this.

Thanks so much,

Russell

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Russell,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

That can be achieved by adding some custom CSS to your site.

You can use a tool like firebug from firefox and make CSS adjustments to hide it.

You can use a plugin like Improved Simpler CSS to add CSS code to the site.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need help in finding the right element you need to apply the CSS rule on.

Cheers, PC

• M00d
    • Flash Drive

Hi,

Thanks so much for the reply. I do need help in finding the right element to apply the css rule to. I'd like to hide the tweet # box, google +1 #box, while still showing the facebook likes # but to the right instead of on top ( if that makes sense )...

Thanks so much,

Russell

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Russell,

Thanks for writing back.

While you were reading my reply, I did a couple of tests on my lab site but CSS doesn't seem to work properly.

I have tagged our lead developer @Vladislav on this one and will wait for his expert comments on this one to get the right way to do it.

Cheers, PC

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

Unfortunately, changing these isn't as easy as adding some CSS, but it can be done if you don't mind editing some code. Each social button has a corresponding class in lib/services directory, and each of these classes has a "_render_button" method. Within this method, the actual social button markup is generated - you can edit the method to use the markup form that will have the button appearance you need. If you think this might work for you, please let me know if I can help further with some guidance on how to exactly do this.

• M00d
    • Flash Drive

Hi,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I was able to change the facebook like to display the number of likes to the right of the button rather than on top. I haven't changed the other box's yet but figure they will work in the same way.

class_wdsm_facebook_service.php line 43

return "<div class='wdsm_button wdsm_facebook_button'><fb:like layout='box_count' href='{$ad->wdsm->url}'></fb:like></div>";

New Line 43 changed box_count to button_count
    return "<div class='wdsm_button wdsm_facebook_button'><fb:like layout='button_count' href='{$ad->wdsm->url}'></fb:like></div>";

I do have one other question, what file would I need to edit to change the order in which the social boxes appear? Again thanks so much for your help.

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hi,

No problem, I'm happy you managed to navigate your way around the code and find/edit what you needed. To change the order in which the boxes appear, you may want to take a look at the "_render_social_ad" private method in the lib/class_wdsm_codec.php file.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.