How to not show price on Variations in MarketPress?

I would like to not show the price on variations as the price does not change for a variation, it stays the same. My application is for a gym that offers workout programs in various locations, the locations are what I am using as variations. However, the price does not change from location to location and I would like to remove the price from the drop down and simply show the location?

I would like to put the price in the content area and can do that manually or if there is a shortcode that would be great as well.

Thanks,
Doug

• ThePath

Hi Doug,

Yeh I think this would be a good option. Its how most ecommerce software work: you can set a base price and then inlcude options with no price (or if its set to zero it doesnt show).

Normally the base price is set and the variations are a plus or minus. For example:

A CD is £8 but buy the digital download buy selecting the digital download variation which specifies -£4, charging the customer £4 for the download etc.

Anyway unfortunately this isnt how it works and to get it to do what you want would require a developer. The best I can do is to say list all your variations at the same price. Not ideal but functional enough.

Cheers

• aecnu

Greetings dnelsonuf,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• ThePath

Well there is a few things you would want to do.

1. Change the text "Price: from" to just "Price:" If using shortcodes this can be controlled with: [mp_product_price] and the label attribute. I think this can be edited manually in template-functions.php line 1820 which is probably the round about place to get rid of the price too.

2. Also change the "Choose Option" text to "Select Area" or similar. This can be changed in template-functions.php line 1923

Anyway tell your dev to look at making custom templates if its not viable to edit core files. Info on this is on the themeing_marketplace.txt but I think everything you want to change is found in template-functions.php

Hope that helps

Cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.