How To Only Allow for MailChimp Registration?

Team WPMU,

Is it possible to not have any of the social registration options but maintain the MailChimp registration?

My clients aren't that interested in going through the many steps to integrate the social features -- and it's a lot of steps, with setting up separate apps for all of those services for not much payoff -- but they are EXTREMELY interested in growing their newsletter list. Plus, integrating MailChimp is simple in comparison to FB, twitter, etc.

If I try to hide the social services, it simply eliminates all commenting, which isn't what I want.

How can I enable ONLY the MailChimp opt in? And, if that can't be done with this plugin, can it be done with your MailChimp specific one?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello jetmac,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think this wouldn't be possible with Comments+ plugin as the whole point of it is to utilize social networks for commenting. Therefore, social networks has to be setup in order for this plugin to work.

That said, I think you may want to turn your attention to our "WordPress MailChimp Integration" plugin instead. Take a look here please:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/mailchimp-newsletter-integration/

This plugin would let you automatically add all newly registered WP users to your MailChimp list and also features simple "subscribe" widget that you can put on your site's sidebar. There's also a shortcode that can be used anywhere on page (or in template with "<?php echo do_shortcode(); ?>" function).

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.