How to organize product downloads, like on WPMUDev?

Hi guys,
I'm creating a proof of concept for our new support portal and was wondering how you have setup the downloads aspect of your subscriptions? I've created download groups (a group for each product) and I've set the download option in the access levels, but I'm not sure where to from there.

I'm used to using a download manager, where I'm able to post a new build, with release notes, version numbers, etc - but I can't seem to find any plugins that fit the bill. The overall workflow on your site is about as close to what I'm wanting to setup. I know GravityCharge is said to provide a complete solution for plugin devs, but I haven't seen any indication that it's coming any time soon.

One thing I think would help all your customers (and I only mention it because I get the feeling you guys like pro-active support) and that would be to create some case studies. Example sites that are built with using a combination of your plugins. The guys from Types and Views did this recently and it's proving to be an invaluable learning tool, as you there are a ton of real-world examples of how the plugin can be used. Just a thought :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Chris

• aecnu

Greetings Chris,

Thank you for your input and feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

As a matter of fact we are working on Demo sites of our plugins to include where there are combinations of them used together.

So we are certainly on top of this one though it is taking longer to go through the process then we had hoped - but it is being accomplished.

Once again thank you for your input and for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Chris,

Thank you for your feedback and your additional questions, they are appreciated.

In the mean time, can you offer any advice for how to setup the downloads like you have on WPMUDev? Or if you could point me towards some documentation or tutorials?

I have no idea how it is actually managed here on WPMU Dev though I do know that a good portion of the site is a heavily custom coded version of the original bbPress.

Is this relevant to the downloads, I have no idea because other then the official heavily custom coded version of the original bbPress statement, not a thing more was disclosed that I am aware of.

Regarding specifically the Membership downloads, I have thought of many ways to control them from the standard protection of the media uploader to using protected URL's in groups and of course on level protected pages.

Are you having a specific issue with downloads that we may address?

Pleas advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.