How to Pre-populate Membership 2 Pro Profile Fields.

How can I Pre-populate Membership 2 Pro Profile Fields? If I add extra Profile Fields using BuddyPress, how can I Pre-populate them also that will work with Membership 2 Pro.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Kinger,

Hope you're doing well.

I had a look at your chat but I'm a bit confused about your request so I would appreciate some additional information about the setup you're after.

If I understand this correctly you have a database with 15.000 names and their birthdays, and you want to include this information when the member registers.
    How are you looking to connect the account to the information from your database, is there something they should select during the registration, or you're looking for a way to connect the info based on the name they use during the registration?

I'm not sure that I understand how the fields should be populated during the registration, do you know any example sites that work this way so we can check it out to better understand your request?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• KM

Predrag,

Sorry for the delay, I never received an email.

So we have this database of 15,000 names, with additional fields such as first and last name, date of birth, year they were admitted to the school, their admission number, etc. Let's call them the X fields.

When a person registers on our website, they would enter in a number of fields. Let's call them Y fields. If their name matches up with an existing record of the same date of birth and last name, then upon admin approval of their account, they would have access to all the X fields upon login. Some of the X fields will be editable by them, some only by admins. They can edit all the Y fields other than the fields we used to verify them. Admins can edit any fields of course.

What combination of plugins do I need? What process must I follow?

Also, is there a way to create a display name such as "Predrag Dubajic '07" based on some Y fields that gets used in all the forums and wherever their identity is shown?

Thank you!

• KM

Btw, X fields don't have email addresses. Y fields will have to, obviously.

And we'd prefer that users have selective view access to the X fields. So they can see some of the X fields, but admins can see all the X fields.

Another nice feature would be they could search by last name in an alumni database, and once they find their record, they would be able to click one to try to register that one. Here's an example of one: https://securelb.imodules.com/s/801/2012/index.aspx?sid=801&gid=1&pgid=8

However, I am not a coder, so want to be able to do the most I can just by configuring plugins.

Was told by chat support to use M2P and Buddypress for our needs.

I need a workflow based on these constraints, even if it cannot be as feature-rich as I'd like.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Km,

Thanks for the additional information.

Your setup is quite specific, so only some parts can be achieved by combining Membership 2 and BuddyPress, however pulling all of the predefined data will require custom development I'm afraid :slight_frown:

When you install Membership 2 and BuddyPress you can go to Membership 2 > Add-ons and enable BuddyPress integration add-on.

You can click on Details link on that add-on in order to use BuddyPress registration form, and to show BuddyPress fields on member account.

In order to add more fields in BuddyPress you can go to Settings > BuddyPress and enable "Extended Profiles" module.
    If this is still not enough for your setup you can add more extra fields in BuddyPress by installing "BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Fields Type" plugin.

I couldn't find any way of pre-populating all of these fields so that part will require custom development I'm afraid and you will probably need to hire a developer to assist you with this.
    We do have jobs board where you can hire a developer:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Membership 2 does come with API and you can find more info about this under Membership 2 > Help > API Docs and that should help with custom developing this and connecting user fields with existing data.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.