How to preconfigure plugins and restrict plugin set up pages in prosites

I need to achieve the below:
1. Set default template/theme that gets assigned based on the subscriber level
2. I need to preconfigure some plugins. 3. I need to restrict some plugin set up pages being configured by the prosite users. How can I achieve tht.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Tk,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

For restricting access of Themes and Plugins you can use Pro Sites Premium Themes and Plugins modules that allows you to create plugin packages and themes only available to selected Pro Site levels.

For preconfiguring data you can consider using the following New Blog Templates plugin that applies the template during site creation but once a site is created you can no longer apply a template to it.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

3. I need to restrict some plugin set up pages being configured by the prosite users.

Do you mean you want to allow specific pro sites level users to access plugin settings pages in the admin area and they can access plugin functionality even when they don't have access to the plugin settings pages?

Find more information about usage of Pro Sites plugin on the following page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/#uage

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Tk

Thanks for your quick response Vinod. I need a little bit clarification as I could not find much documentation on this.
    I need to preconfigure the plugins for my prosite users. So can I create a default template and add it to the prosite set up so that when the users are activating the site, the plugins and themes will come preconfigured as per newblog template.

I can keep it simple. I don't even want to create multiple blog template for different levels. If that can be done great? However if that cannot be done, t least one default template that gets assigned to all new blogs.

Sorry for not being clear on question 3. What I meant is can I restrict pre-identified set up pages from being accessed by prosite users - let s say on market press plugin - I want to restrict them to access the paymen gateway settings page - can I do that?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Tk,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

You can use new blog templates and set one template to default, which will include all the plugin configuration.

Sorry for not being clear on question 3. What I meant is can I restrict pre-identified set up pages from being accessed by prosite users - let s say on market press plugin - I want to restrict them to access the paymen gateway settings page - can I do that?

You can't do this out of the box, all users would have access to each setting page, one way would be to use easy blogging and only give menu links to each setting.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/easy-blogging/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Tk

Hi Jack, Thanks for your input and quick reply.
    I had explored easy blogging gin the past but later deactivated it... I had a few questions. Is it customizable, if I have to add additional menu items and links to the left hand menu bar, is there a place I can do that? I want to provide simple links to the plugin set up pages. Would that be possible to model in Easy Bloggin admin?
    Thanks in advance again for your help

• Tk

Hi Jack,

Thanks a lot. I had a few follow up questions:

I understand in the URL field I need to put in the wp-admin/....pphp urls from the plugins to link those in the menu items. But I may want some plugin menus to be completely available as menu and sub=menu.

For example - Appointment+ - I may want it to be completely available for admins. Is there a easier way to do this instead of adding ech url.

Also, I did not see any place for setting up role based Menu Item Access. For eaxmple, I may want to give Gravity forms access to my premium subscribers only.... Can that e configured with Easy Blogging or do I need to go with Admin Menu editor.

Also - kindly clarify:
    Let us say Saubscriber level 1 does not have access to plugin XX.
    But I have added a url for plugin XX to the easy blogging menu items - can he access the plugin functions by clicking the menu item if he does not have access to the plugin.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015 :slight_smile: