how to prevent people to sign up without paying for subsite

Hi,

I am working on my multisite above. I want to sell subsite subscriptions. I am doing this with the "new blog templates" plugin. However, the problem is when people go to the sign up page: shopgadgets.net/wp/wp-signup.php, they can sign up for a site without paying. I don't want to use the prosite plugin to collect payment. I have woocommerce installed with paypal standard working properly. I have been told by some developers that I need to write code in the functions.php folder to verify that the billing address that a user uses to sign up is already in the system. They said I need hooks and filters in the functions.php folder. However, none of the developers I have hire have given me a working code. This means that anyone can sign up for a new subsite without paying. Can you please let me know the code for this?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Janet Chavez

If you used our Pro Sites, there is an option that forces the user to pay to run their subsite.

About the woocommerce, I am not familiar with how it may work with the site registration system. It actually depends on the hook, which other plugin you are using to connect woocommerce and site regsitration etc. So, I am moving your ticket to the members forum, so that other experienced members chip in and help you.

You may also consider to hire a developer from a third party service company like codeable: https://premium.wpmudev.org/partners/

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Janet Chavez

Well, I think I am bit confused then. When you said “they can sign up for a site without paying. I don’t want to use the prosite plugin to collect payment” – do you mean to pay for the new subsite or pay for any woocommerce products you are selling?

Also, if you want I can move this ticket to the members forum where more experienced members can chip in and make some suggestions. Let me know if you want to.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Philippe
    • Flash Drive

Hi there

If I may make a suggestion please.

Firstly I don’t know your setup so this is only a suggestion.

You could try redirecting the registration form/page to one of the other pages and when payment is complete redirect them back to your original destination.

They will be none the wiser and you solve your problem

Another option is if you use a form builder, create a new registration page and replace that sites registration form or page with the shortcode of the new form you created.

Hope this helps a little

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.