How to produce professional screencast demo videos

I'm interested in creating my own videos, akin to those wpmudev uses to demonstrate the features of their plugins.

I'm not after tips as such, but I'm keen to know for a start, what software I could use to create something similar to wpmudev. What I'm looking for is the types of animations, music and screencast recording and editing that are used.

Maybe an easier question would be - how does wpmudev do it? A blog post exploring the production of a plugin video would be great. :slight_smile:

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @itsnotrocketsurgery,

We have an in house video department who handle the screencasts and motion graphics for us. I can't say this is something we could easily explain or have a tutorial for. But as for software, I know that Premiere (editing), After Effects (animation), and Screenflow (recording) have been used for many videos.

Best regards,

• itsnotrocketsurgery
    • The Incredible Code Injector

That's a starting point for me, thank you - I'm sure that will be helpful!

I'm not necessarily expecting a tutorial type blog post, but maybe an interview with the video production team lead or something explaining the process or how long it takes and how many people are involved etc. would be informative and useful.

I think there are lots of people who would find it interesting.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.