How to propose some content only for paying customers (using Pro Sites) on my main site?

Hi,

I'm using Pro Sites on my multisites network. I'd like to propose some content so my paying customers on my main site. The idea would be to have some free content of about a few lines, thant the main content itself that would be locked.

How can I achieve that using WPMUdev plugins?

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Arom,

Hope you had a nice weekend :slight_smile:

I'm afraid that Pro Sites doesn't have an option to hide specific content on your main site as plugin is designed for selling site and not protecting content.

For this you can try out our Membership 2 plugin which would allow you to wrap desired content in shortcode that would allow only users with desired membership to see that content.

For example page content would look like this:

This content will be available for everyone.
    [ms-protect-content id="XX"]
    This content will be available for user with XX membership.
    [/ms-protect-content]

Where XX is ID of your desired membership.

Would this work for you?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Arom77!

You could achieve this in a following way:

1. Setup Membership 2 Pro in a "network-wide" mode (see usage docs: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/#product-usage) so you could control access to content around the network from a single place

2. Setup your special content (that might be on any site of the Multisite in that case)

3. Setup a membership and use it to protect that content

4. Then every time somebody signs up for a Pro Site site, manually assign that membership to this new user.

That's a "manual" way.

There are two other workarounds possible but both would require custom development. First one would be the same as above but with a bit of additional code you should be able to assign the membership automatically as Membership 2 Pro includes an API that can be used for this. API is documented in plugin on "Membership 2 -> Help -> API Docs" page.

The second one could even work without Membership 2 Pro but would require custom coding too (though a bit different). The code could check if a user that is currently visiting given sub-site does have his own sites registered and if they are "Pro Sites" and if not, it would redirect user to other location.

Both these solution though would need to be coded "from scratch" and it'd be a bit outside of the scope of this forum so you might want to post a question on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.