How to protect Digital downloads Folders ?

Hi
How to make the folder containing my products (downloadable videos) more secure ?

Also my videos are not 8mo files !
But around 300-500 Mo Files !!
I suppose I have to FTP them directly into a folder ?
Which folder ?

What do you suggest ?

Plugins such as S2Member have HUGE security features regarding digital downloads ...
Could you implement something similar ?

Thank you

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings adjin :slight_smile:

sir here are some suggestions that may get you the answers you seek:

How to make the folder containing my products (downloadable videos) more secure ?

First the download links are cloaked - but to make them more secure use .htaccess with your CPanel password protecting the download location of your files then include the user namd and password in the URL to the download :slight_smile: as such:

http://username:password@domainname.com/pathtofiles/

Also my videos are not 8mo files !

are not 8 mo????

But around 300-500 Mo Files !!

I suppose I have to FTP them directly into a folder ?

true if your php.ini setting limits the uploading of files less then what you want to upload. Not relative to the plugin but to your php.ini settings.

Which folder ?

Typically: domainname.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/blogid/files/year/month/filename

Joe :slight_smile:

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey adjin.

We haven't heard form you on this in a couple of weeks. So I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• soulfulwriter
    • Flash Drive

This sounds like a feasible solution when you have one or two products and few customers. However, I need more information about automatically implementing it by providing the link to the customer in the after-purchase e-mail. Is there any specific short-code I must include in the delivery e-mail? How will the system know who and what to send after successful purchase? I think it's almost impossible to implement manually if one has more than one or two products and several customers. In other words, as a newbie, I need the "nitty gritty" on how to do this automatically for each customer and product.

Thank you so much,

Barb

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.