How To Pull In BIo and Advatar

How do you pull in the bio and advatar of the service provider. I set the bio page as the same as the calendar but not seeing anything when you select the provider from the drop down

http://screencast.com/t/QuYvRdj4

http://814media.com/bookings/book-appointment/

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

If it pulled from the bio user profile it would be much easier and cleaner than creating all the pages…

Well that was how I presumed it was working as well, which was why I thought maybe something was wrong there.

I guess not.

Patrick showed me how to do it but having problems with using break tags for the exerpt not working

You starting or started a new thread for this?

Take care.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

I apologize for the delay in responding to this (remembered a lunch date at the last minute) and for my momentary lack of intelligence :slight_smile:

I led you astray: the excerpt filed is only available for posts, not pages. It simply appeared to pull it from there because I had created a post for my test bio before correcting my error and creating a page for it. Sorry.

If excerpt is used as a shortcode parameter, that would appear to be taken from the text entered in the page editor. But you are right that the more tag seems to do nothing.

If I use content as the shortcode parameter, only the featured image is displayed.

This needs more looking into. :slight_frown:

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi,

As default, provider picture is taken from “featured image” of the bio page. Please see attached screenshot.

If you want to use avatar instead, change the shortcode as follows;

[app_service_providers thumb_size="avatar,96"]

You can find detailed information in Shortcodes tab of the plugin.

Default description setting is excerpt.

Please also note that when taking excerpts tags are usually stripped. This is the default behavior of 2011 theme. You can use like this for tags not being stripped:

[app_service_providers description="content"]

More field is only visible if number of words in the bio page are more than 55 words (WordPress default). It opens the bio page in new window and it is working fine for me.

If it doesn’t do anything, your browser may be blocking opening new windows/tabs. I don’t think there is a better solution here as we don’t want the client to leave the main appointment page. But if you wish, you can modify it by app_excerpt_more hook like this:

function modify_more( $more ) {
    return str_replace( 'target="_blank"', '', $more );
    }
    add_filter( 'app_excerpt_more', 'modify_more' );

Cheers,

Hakan

• scott74
    • The Crimson Coder

HI Hankan, when I use content instead of excerpt, none of the verbiage shows. I have code as so. Only the thumbnail will appear when doing that. Would be great if I can get this working so I can use line breaks ..

[app_service_providers description="content" select="Select your child's Teacher" thumb_size=64,64]

• scott74
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi,

As default, provider picture is taken from “featured image” of the bio page. Please see attached screenshot.

If you want to use avatar instead, change the shortcode as follows;

[app_service_providers thumb_size=”avatar,96″]

Hi Hankan… Maybe in future update to keep from having to create multiple bio pages, the bio could be pulled from the user profile page with some tics boxes on want you want to pull from each provider slash user?

So it would just pulled there avatar/photo / name /email/ phone or whatever you wanted it too from the user pofile. If you had other fields than default in the user profile from other plugins.. appointments+ would pick up on it and allow those as tic boxes to show formating it in a unordered list.

Could still have option to create a separate bio page would rather have a different look :slight_smile:

Please also note that when taking excerpts tags are usually stripped. This is the default behavior of 2011 theme. You can use like this for tags not being stripped:

[app_service_providers description=”content”]

Using the Content tag, nothing shows but the featured image? have to switch back to excerpt but then strips the html

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.