How to redirect user to a different page after they make booking on appointments+

Hi all,

I am hoping there could be a way to redirect a user to a page after they make a successful booking.

Right now the user is met with a popup that says “thanks for the booking” and then taken back to the original booking page (I find this confusing for users)

Is there a way to send the user to a different page of my choosing. E.g. one where they can see the booking in place and confirmed?

Any ideas on this please? Thanks for your time.

Robbie

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Robbie,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

There is a section about this in plugins FAQ panel, so I quote it form there:
    Add these codes inside functions.php and modify the example.com url as required:

function app_redirect( $script ){
        return str_replace("window.location.href=app_location()", "window.location.href='http://example.com'", $script);
    }
    add_filter( 'app_footer_scripts', 'app_redirect' );

Let us know if you need more help with this.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Robbie
    • Flash Drive

Thank you Predrag

This is all working fine now

I still have a big issue though...

We need multiple email addresses to be notified when we have new appointments made?

Also -I would like the confirmation emails to include more information including:

User Name:
    User Telephone No:
    Email address:
    Appointment type booked:
    Appointment date/time book:

Is this possible ?

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Robbie,

I've answered part of your question in respect to adding more information in the email.

If you login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Then select >Appointments >Settings >General tab
    Then scroll down to the 'Notification Settings' section and locate the 'Confirmation email Message'

Then add the following inside the quote ('') e.g. 'CLIENT' you would add CLIENT:-

User Name: Add 'CLIENT'
    User Telephone No: Add 'PHONE'
    Email address: Add 'EMAIL'
    Appointment type booked: Add 'SERVICE'
    Appointment date/time book: 'DATE_TIME'

To confirm you can use the following parameters for the Confirmation and Reminder emails and they will be replaced by their real values: SITE_NAME, CLIENT, SERVICE, SERVICE_PROVIDER, DATE_TIME, PRICE, DEPOSIT, BALANCE, PHONE, NOTE, ADDRESS, CITY, EMAIL (Client's email), CANCEL (Adds a cancellation link to the email body)

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there,

Hope you're having a great weekend! :slight_smile:

In addition to what Steve kindly mentioned, you can notify both the admin and the service provider.

We need multiple email addresses to be notified when we have new appointments made?

To easily and quickly achieve what you need you could simply set up some email filters. Gmail for example allows you to create s0 filters:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957?hl=en
    https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579

I'm not sure which service you use for email, but I'd imagine most have something similar.

Hope this helps.

• Robbie
    • Flash Drive

Thank you Predrag and SteveB

It seems to all be working

I have one more issue...

It seems the emails are not being sent immediately - any advice what I can do here?

Any tips how I can check what the recorded admin email is in the settings?

thanks

• Robbie
    • Flash Drive

Some more information that may assist..

IN the backend of the word press website.... I notice 5 users are set to "admin"

Myself, a couple of my staff, and 2 web developers who have made my website

Will having 5 users set to admin be effecting if we get "reminder/confirmation" email notifications ?

thanks

• Robbie
    • Flash Drive

Hi Predrag

I've been testing this several times tonight, and cannot work out why I cannot get email notifications immediately for all new appointments made ??

Is there any chance you can please login to my backend and check all the settings?

The email address I want to get all the notifications is robbiehunt@gmail.com

thanks

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @Robbie,

Sorry for the long overdue on this thread.

Will having 5 users set to admin be effecting if we get "reminder/confirmation" email notifications ?

This shouldn't be an issue since the confirmation mail is sent to mail address you have set in your Settings > General panel.
    Do you want to send e-mail to multiple accounts?

I've been testing this several times tonight, and cannot work out why I cannot get email notifications immediately for all new appointments made ??

Testing the appointment reservation on my end sends the e-mail immediately after reservation, how long are the delays you are having?
    Have you tried creating e-mail address on your server and using that address to check if there are delays then?

I would be happy to access your site and do some testing, just grant me support access following the instructions from this page:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.