How to regain the main Menu that was deleted from deleted from Spirit

I can't recall deleting the main menu, but clearly I did. Do I have to completely reload the them to get the menu back online? Also are the images that are displayed part of the theme they are pixalated in the them once I install it. Love the products and thank you for your support.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey @jcobbs21299,

I hope you're well today and thanks for this question!

By "deleting the main menu" do you mean main navigational menu of your site? If so, this shouldn't be a big problem.

To regain menu go to your dashboard's

"Appearance" -> "Menus" page

and switch to "Manage Locations" tab.

You should find your menu there, so you can simply select it and save changes. If it's not there though, please switch back to "Edit Menus" tab and create a new menu the same way as for any other WP theme. Then select it again on "Manage Locations" page and save.

This should bring your top navigation menu back.

Let me know please if it helped!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey JC,

Thanks for clarifying on this one!

If you wish to fully regain an original Spirit menu (as it is right after a fresh install) then you'll have to re-install the Spirit theme, unfortunately. To do this, deactivate Spirit and delete it and next install it again via our WPMU DEV Dashboard.

If it still doesn't help, follow these steps:

- deactivate WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin for a moment
    - go to "Appearance" -> "Themes" in your dashboard
    - disable and remove Spirit
    - disable and remove Upfront
    - enable WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin again
    - install and enable spirit.

I've mentioned removing Spirit and Upfront: to delete any theme (once disabled) just click on a "Theme details" button over theme's image and use "Delete" link in the bottom-right corner.

As for images. These images are pixelated on purpose. That's just a demo content or "placeholders" rather than actual images. To make full use of theme's features you'll want to upload your own images.

I hope that helps!
    Cheers,
    Adam