How To Register as an Affiliate in Membership2 Pro

Hello,

I'm trying to setup the Affiliates plugin to be used through the Membership2 Pro Add-On. How do new users signup to be an affiliate? I though they would use the wp-signup.php page, but that registers them with a Membership2 Pro account.

What is the link I provide for them to sign up as Affiliates?

Thanks,
Chris

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Christopher, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Once a user's registered for an account on your site, he'll need to go inside the Dashboard, and visit:

Profile -> Affiliate Referrals

And set up his affiliate information there. :slight_smile:

Or, alternatively, you could create a page on your site, and insert these three shortcodes onto the page:

[affiliatelogincheck]
    [affiliateuserdetails]
    [affiliatestatstable]

That'll allow you to have a front-end interface for a logged in user to become an affiliate. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Christopher

Hi @Michael Bissett,

Thanks for your response. When a users registers for an account on my site, and then logs in, they are not directed to the WP Admin Dashboard. They are instead taken to the Membership2 Pro Account page.

How do I allow some users to sign up for a Membership account to access my protected content, but then also allow users to sign up just to be an Affiliate?

Thanks,
    Chris

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Christopher,

When a users registers for an account on my site, and then logs in, they are not directed to the WP Admin Dashboard. They are instead taken to the Membership2 Pro Account page.

How do I allow some users to sign up for a Membership account to access my protected content, but then also allow users to sign up just to be an Affiliate?

The ability to become an affiliate is available to anyone who's a registered user on your site, but since you're wanting a level that's just allowed to become an affiliate... we could create a free membership level, and allow it access to a page created on your site called "Affiliates", where those three shortcodes I mentioned earlier would be placed.

How's that sound? :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Mcihael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Christopher! :slight_smile:

In your case, I'd advise having an affiliate login page, with something like this there:

[ms-membership-login redirect_login="http://domain.com/slug-for-affiliate-page/"]

(of course, entering the link to your affiliate page where I've entered that dummy link)

That way, users would be redirected to your affiliate page upon logging in, without affecting the normal login form for users. :slight_smile:

Let me know if this helps please!

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.