How to register sites for user in multisite

Am I missing something - as admin of my network I'd like to be able to register a site FOR an existing user. I don't see a way to do this - I can of course create a new site but then it's attached to me and not to a different user.

Also, how do I allow existing users to create a new site. I know how to allow them to create one at the time that they've signed up. But after they've signed up, the signup.php url no longer is available, nor is the mydomain.com/register url. So how can a)create a site for them from the admin and alternatively have them register for a site after they've already signed up as a user. I have the network settings to allow both signups and allow users to create a site. And I should add, I need to be able to user a blog template in both scenarios.

thanks,

Steve

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Steve,

When you create the site, it automatically adds you as the admin of the site because you was the one who created it, you can visit;

Network Dashboard > sites > all sites

Then hover over the site, click edit

Now click users tab, you should now be able to add the user to that site along with setting their user role.

If you have enabled it so that users can create their own sites too, then when you login as that user, you can add a new site from the dashboard by visiting my sites (either by clicking my sites in the adminbar or visiting;

Dashboard > Dashboard > my sites

then click create a new site

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.