How to remove Author and Post Date on Listing for Directory

Hi, I have installed the Directory plugin on my website with Divi theme (from Elegant Themes). However, I'd like to remove the "Author" and "Date Published" as well as the Sentence "This was published in XXX Category":wink: on the individual and consolidated listing page (see attached photos). May I know how I can do so?

Thanks!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Jiahui

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

The following CSS will remove most of that data:
    .directory_listing .entry-meta .meta-prep-author, .directory_listing .entry-meta .entry-date, .directory_listing .entry-meta .meta-sep, .directory_listing .entry-meta .author, .directory_listing .cat-links {display:none;}

The only bit that is difficult to remove is the "This entry was posted in..." part on the archive page. The reason is that the original developer of this plugin seems to have forgotten to wrap those elements in a container that can be styled with CSS.

So, for that, I've asked the current developer to come in here to see if he can offer some help.

• Jiahui
    • Flash Drive

Hi Patrick, thanks for your advice. May I know where do I input the css code u have provided? Is it in the style.css for my theme? I've tried to copy and paste the code u have provided in the style.css but the "author" and "post date" are still there. Not sure what im doing wrong. Would you be able to advise? Thank you so much in advance!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Jiahui

I can see there are hidden now, maybe you need to delete the browser cache.

About the only line that is not hidden yet, let's wait some time for the developer if he can offer any ID in next update :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Jiahui

I can see there are hidden now, maybe you need to delete the browser cache.

About the only line that is not hidden yet, let's wait some time for the developer if he can offer any ID in next update :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Jiahui
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ashok, you are right, they are gone now. Thanks! Will await the creator's advice on how to remove the "This entry was posted in..." :slight_smile:

Another question,
    What does the "No Reviews" hyperlink do?
    When I click on it, nothing happens. Is it supposed to bring up a review page? Or am I supposed to download a plugin for it?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Jiahui

In here reviews point to the comment section. If you have comment enabled from the single listing editing page, in front end there will be a comment box. So, when you click on No Reviews it will jump to the comment box.

Please let us know if you still have any confusion :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.