that is my website, how do I remove both:

Search this site
and
Member Log in sections?

Thanks

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Hi alexandegn!

Go into your admin dashboard >> appearance >> widgets, and you will find them in the colum to the left. You can delete them.

On another note: i am trying to track a forum bug. Could you tell me if the "Be notified of follow-up posts via email" box below is marked. Also let me know if you recieved a email letting you know i responded. I only ask because it is not auto marked for me now.

If it is not marked, just click the subscribe to this topic below, this insure that you get notified of responses.

Thanks alexandegn!

• alexandegn
    • The Incredible Code Injector

1. Going to the widget section does not help. I have left column, r column, center column, blog-sidebar, active widgets. But in none of them I see the log in sections or search to delete them.

2. Box is not marked

3. I did not receive an email notifying me that you sent a response

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Ok then it is one of those themes that you have to ad a widget to, in order to make a widget disapear. << Don't ask me why, i have just ran into this a lot. lol

Try to ad any widget to that area, just to be sure this does remove the other widget. If it does work then we will come up with a fianl solution, you could also try changing the page template.

I will give you 5 points if you answer these questions.
    Did you clcik the subscribe to topic box?
    Is the box auto marked now?
    Did you start this thread in the forums or by you WPMU Dev dashboard?

Thanks alexandegn!

• alexandegn
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Did you clcik the subscribe to topic box? YES
    Is the box auto marked now? YES
    Did you start this thread in the forums or by you WPMU Dev dashboard? I went to the dashboard and clicked on my activity then I clicked on send a question

I ll try the widget thing

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Thank you @MTB1701 for chiming in here!

This is due to the Buddypress Features, as it's a buddypress site.

Please tell me if you can get the above suggestion to work for you, I will need to see if I can get my test site in shape to deal with this myself as well tomorrow!

If you respond to the extra questions above I will also give you 5 points and @MTB I will return your 5 points to you :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

I tried MTB's suggestion but I cannot make the search and log in fields to disappear.
    Any other ideas?

Sorry i have not worked with buddypress as of yet! Kim will have some answers for you! You may want to try and move those widgets to the footer widget area mean time. It MAY get them out of the way for now!

SHould I make a child template?

Yes! any and every time you want to customize a theme!

And how can I have this theme in Spanish?

you will need to change the mo. and po. files. if you are using a non spanish WP install you will need to update the wp-config file as well

Thanks alexandegn!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Changing a theme?
    http://www.solostream.com/blog/tutorials/translate-wordpress-theme/

Great, concise instructions, you should read the first few comments below though. As it's an older post and there is an adjustment or two to be made in the workflow.

The two files that control the display of your search and login panel are located here
    /wp-content/themes/bp-fun/lib/templates/bp-template

You will need to comment out the references to these files in each applicable page template. For instance in sidebar-home you would comment them out on lines 11-15 and 20-24

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.